foxes on c4

markbivvy

If they are determined to do something about the fox then much better to kill it than release it. Releasing foxes somewhere else should be illegal, it's both inhumane for the fox and unfair on the person who has it dumped on their land.

How about the women who had the fox with mange, "oh no you're not going to kill him".. well yes... "how are you going to do that with a lethal injection"... no a marksman... "oh no that sounds very cruel"... yes of course because sticking a needle into a wild fox is not dangerous for the despatcher, difficult and going to stress it more.. :sly: and then she 'talks' to the fox apologising. Ridiculous.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed about the supposedly less cruel trapping, Having the whole family and camera man surrounding a wild animal thats trapped is not right, neither is the length of time between trapping and despatch or supposed release. The only humane action was the ones that were shot. As for the rescued fox from under that decking the idiot deserved to get bitten. All I can say after watching it is if rabies ever got back into the fox population we would have no chance of getting rid of it

I saw it last night and I have to say I wasn't impressed about the supposedly less cruel trapping, Having the whole family and camera man surrounding a wild animal thats trapped is not right, neither is the length of time between trapping and despatch or supposed release. The only humane action was the ones that were shot. As for the rescued fox from under that decking the idiot deserved to get bitten. All I can say after watching it is if rabies ever got back into the fox population we would have no chance of getting rid of it

I must say that I was suprised that the fox reacted the way it did when "cuddled" after being dragged from under the decking, bearing in mind it had suffered at the very least severe bruising from being hit by a car.

It would have served him right if it had emptied its bowels in fright all over him :good:

The other thing that ocurred to me was that perhaps that particular fox was actually his long time pet and the shot(film) of him getting it from under the boards was staged. :good:

Who knows, who really cares they all wind up the same oneway or t,other. :blink:

:sly: D2D

I watched it and was a bit dissapointed with several aspects nameley the two who rescued them, I have no problem with people rescuing injured animals etc but kissing and cuddling a "wild"(in the most loose way) animal with god knows what diseaes and injuries is down right stoopid. :sly:

at the end of the day there will always be other foxes to replace them.

and the chicken coup was built by a two year old!!! :blink: :good:

[He was baiting the foxes with the chickens and made a coup that a cat could have got through, a bit of commen sense and a decent wire and the foxes wouldnt have gotten in!!! I dont shoot foxes but dont mind if others do but that guy was just a total w**ker! Did nobody else think that? ]

I'll agree with those sentiments. It would have been far cheaper to build a decent chicken run than to hire the hitman.

Oh and another point, did anybody else have concerns that the fox catching a chicken in the back garden scene was staged? Very convenient to have a wing clipped (?) chicken sat on the lawn, at night, in the centre of the camera shot, just when the fox will be doing his rounds. The programme producers could well have left themselves open to prosecution.

I would agree that the capture of the injured Fox from under the decking looked staged.

It made no attempt to struggle free even days later when it was "on the mend" even as the rescuer cuddled it?. When it was eventually released it was off like a rocket.

A good program though, that ,imho, high lighted the need for Fox control and i would bet that 90%of those that veiwed it had no idea they killed for the sake of it.

As for Colin and Reg, Would you eat cake if they offered it :lol:

(I was under the impression that returning Vermin into the wild is an offence??)

didn't they star as extras in DELIVERENCE or was that someone else!! :yes::lol:

Cheers Sutty.

PS not wishing to start the ol debate again BUT,

How come the 22 cal lr is a "suitable round" for fox in this situation, I thought the HO guidelines were there to be adhered to by all, Thats prob a question for my Flo? (two good shots though, get down). :good:

Excellent Programme

I thought it was an ENTERTAINING programme - but not an excellent one. They admitted at the begining that footage of lots of different foxes had been used to create a tale about a fox familly - e.g they edited together lots of different footage of many foxes to get the tale they wanted. I thought many of the human characters were playing a part (even if they weren't pro actors) and some of the bits were staged - like when the marksman and observer, who both have NV equipment snipe from a bedroom with the room lights on!!!!!!! What would that do to your NV scope and why illuminate yourself to the fox?

No, it was an interesting tale told with lots of bits of odd footage designed to look like a documentary, but it wasn't. It was worth watching though!

B

:lol: Ive been thinking about this all day, its been bugging me why the toff peed me off so much and i have thought about it long and hard and heres my conclusion:(my opinions!!)

I fully understand and support the control of foxes in the countryside, where they are affecting peoples livley hood, like the Turkey farm i shoot next to, game shoots and farmers etc

BUT I really dont condone the shooting of foxes, which live in the city, reduce rat numbers and generally have a very short life expectancy anyway, what harm are they doing except doing what comes naturally, KILLING thier prey, prey which some pompous a**hole feeling a bit green and a bit environmentally friendly, chucks into an ill thought out and totally inadequate coup...and lets them wander in his garden at night, which in my eyes is blatant neglect and is equivalent of a sacrifice !!!!! I really wouldnt be suprised if that coupe and the chickens were all staged for the sole purposes of attracting foxes to the garden to kill for the purpose of "entertainment!!!!"

The more i think about this programme the more it sickens me :good:

And for those that believe I have gone soft on foxes make no mistake, if i had the right hardware and was on a farm that needed foxes culling I'd do it.I have even found an outlet for them, i have a friend that has several snakes big enough to eat them!!!!!

I guess the thing that has annoyed me the most is that those foxes that live in cities are not affecting anyones livleyhood, eat a hell of a lot of rats, certainly do not eat cats and do not deserve to be killed!!! :yes:

I've seen cctv footage of a fox killing a cat and taking it off with him! But I agree with most of the sentiment as I said a couple of pages back this was all about revenge. In a city you have not a prayer of lowering the total fox population, therefore if you shoot one another one will simply move in.

Stalker they did mention on the programme but in a few cases foxes have made it into peoples homes and one certainly bit a baby before being disturbed so could have killed it easily. You also have the fact as highlighted that because of the numbers Mange thrives and gets passed onto dogs. Then you have them emptying bins at night etc etc they are still a pest

You also have the fact as highlighted that because of the numbers Mange thrives and gets passed onto dogs

So you condone the shooting of foxes to remove the risk of dogs getting mange?

How many people here have dogs that have had mange? I have foxes in my garden most nights, i have 3 dogs and they have never had mange.

how many people do you know whos dogs have had mange?

And the statement about a baby getting bitten is the biggest loads of ******** i have ever heard, there would have been a national uproar and a huge knee jerk cull......i personnally wouldnt believe anything that is mentioned on a sensationalistic programme from C4 :good:

we all shoot because we like it ok

be it foxes rabbits wot ever

i need no excuse at all

you lot dont half make a meal of things

chill shoot enjoy :good:

if one man want to save foxes fine by me

i shoot them in *** or not

its your choice

make it and get on

cheers kirky

we all shoot because we like it ok

be it foxes rabbits wot ever

i need no excuse at all

you lot dont half make a meal of things

chill shoot enjoy :good:

if one man want to save foxes fine by me

i shoot them in *** or not

its your choice

make it and get on

cheers kirky

Well said :yes:

Oh and ill have one of those "Bruno" shirts if someones making them :lol::lol:

Hello fellas to those that know me and those that don’t.

I enjoyed the programme because I have a love for wildlife and find it amazing how these little critters that inhabit our countryside adapt so well to living in towns. I’m a dog lover so I would find it very hard to kill anything that resembles one, but I hold no prejudice against the guys who take them down cleanly for the right purpose…i.e saving someone’s livelihood. :lol:

I take my hat off to the two guys who spend their time helping injured foxes because if an animal is injured then I would expect us all to do the same. People who shoot are some of the best conservationists in the land, after all… we should have a respect for animals we take and not have this kill for killing sake attitude like some on this site.

“who was the moron that quoted.. I would laugh if the released fox got knocked down againâ€, you want to go and take your head for a shake, and its people like you who stop me from being a regular visitor on this site and people like you do us harm. Your probably a loner with NO prospects in life because your head is in your ****. :good::yes::lol:

I didn’t enjoy watching the two foxes being shot, they were very clean kills and that was great, but come on fellas, I feel I’m a minority because although I shoot I don’t enjoy the killing of an animal.

Big spread I know but had to say my bit.

The PM

I take my hat off to the two guys who spend their time helping injured foxes because if an animal is injured then I would expect us all to do the same.

no they should should be dispatched right away :good:

and are you saying we should help injured rabbits pigeons etc all the time ??

if so your daft

if i find any injured animal that is on the vermin list then they are humanley killed on the spot

thanks for your post

kirky

This forum is for people who shoot live creatures - perhaps you should find another one that upsets you less!

Thats a bit harsh, I shoot rabbits purely for my snakesI shoot rats for vermin control and pigeons and crows to eat, I enjoy the stalk, the actual shooting etc but dont 'enjoy' the 'kill', I understand what hes saying........to say that you get pleasure from the moment of death is a rather perverse concept :good: (To me anyway, when i spend my whole day trying to preserve life!!!!!)