benelli

blade

The tube wont get very dirty as it has no gasses passing through it

I have M2 , if its a 3 shot it will be crimped shut so you cant open it , if its a FAC you can get it out by flipping the stopper disk 90degrees at top of tube

My old 3 shot i just squirted degreaser in there every so often to clean it out

Not designed to be regularly stripped. No point. There is nothing in there but a spring.

Squirt of WD40 or similar now and again.

Why do you want to strip it?

Had mine for 10 years or more and never had it apart.

All the rest of it yes - Once a year it gets totally pulled down and cleaned.

Rest of the time just the major parts, barrel and oiled.

Never failed me yet and it gets abused terribly out on the marshes in all weathers.

I periodically remove the circlip on the end of the mag tube of my SBE 2.

Remember to drape a cloth across your hand and the end of the tube when compressing the circlip with circlip pliers, the angled ones are easier to use than the straight jawed variety, otherwise the spring will shoot out of the tube if you fumble anything.

Be very careful with the spring so that you don`t bend or kink it.

Clean the inside of the tube with a wool mop on your cleaning rod. You`ll be amazed at the carp that`s in there. Remember that, if your mag tube is crimped for a 3 shot, you won`t be able to remove the red plastic plug `cos it won`t fit past the crimp.

When reassembling the spring, use a long dowel, I actually unscrew my cleaning rod and use half of it to guide the spring into the tube without running the risk of it getting bent. Then simply replace the circlip to the factory set depth that you will have noted before dismantling it.

The work of 2 minutes.

Reason I was going to strip it is when I try and get the first cartridge in the tube.There seems to be a lot of resistance and some times feels like I'm not going to get the cartridge in.But after the initial loading its fine.Until next time I come to use it and the same hsppens.If its not the magazine spring or follower anybody got any ideas

If you want to, you can remove the surclip and remove the spring and follower and clean it.

It's a simple process with a surclip forceps. I had to clean mine a few years ago. Sandy wet mud transferred to cartridges from my hands caused a small amount of rusty (from spring?) residue at the mouth of the tube which made pushing in a cartridge notchy and caused jams. It was quite hard to clean properly.