October 's outings. Duck, corvid and some pheasant shooting.

Big Al

As October has been an unusually lean month on the sporting front, I have hashed together clips from 3 different outings. Mostly duck shooting from the usual spot, with one pheasant clip - I was using my newest purchase for the first time on live quarry. I also have to quickly move out of the way to avoid being hit by a falling pheasant!

I also included a long retrieve made by Ted - I fear it is really too much of nothing for the casual viewer but I included it anyway purely as my own record.

I have the new camera, but haven't sorted the sd card yet so this is on the chilli cam.

Thank you all for your comments.

Ted was a big risk when I bought him at 8 weeks. My other two dogs (a lab and a chessie ) were getting past it and although I didn't want 3 dogs I knew I needed one for shooting.

I couldn't source a pup from a "known" kennel and was quite stumped. Then my daughter came home from school one day saying her friend's grandfather was selling lab pups. As he lives a couple of miles away I decided to pay a visit. The grandfather has a bit of a reputation as a Del Boy but also being good with animals. I got all the usual flannel when I went.

I picked him because he was different. While the other pups in the litter were rolling around a coming up to us, Ted ran off to a pile of stones, picked one up and brought it to me. I took it from him and he immediately turned, thread through a tangled mess of siblings and picked another stone. This was also put into my hand. He did it several more times and the decision was made.

He was and is a retrieving nut. It is what he loves.

Edited by Big Al

Good vid, Enjoyed that and great retrieve by "super Ted" lol.. He really is a credit to you. Need to be bringing one on myself and am torn between another Bear or GSP.

I havent done a flight this season as yet' and its mostly down to the weather' which looks much the same in your part. I know you wont shoot any ducks laying in the Scratcher' but i really dont enjoy Wildfowling in calm weather' i need it to be Cold,Wet, windy,frosty,hailing or snowing to get any pleasure from it. Hopefully plenty of that to come as this could be my boys last active season.

The Browning seems to be coming up nice for you. It will be Sunday before our pheasant season opens and im looking forward to a an early start.

Thanks again for posting an enjoyable vid. :good:

Good vid, Enjoyed that and great retrieve by "super Ted" lol.. He really is a credit to you. Need to be bringing one on myself and am torn between another Bear or GSP.

I havent done a flight this season as yet' and its mostly down to the weather' which looks much the same in your part. I know you wont shoot any ducks laying in the Scratcher' but i really dont enjoy Wildfowling in calm weather' i need it to be Cold,Wet, windy,frosty,hailing or snowing to get any pleasure from it. Hopefully plenty of that to come as this could be my boys last active season.

The Browning seems to be coming up nice for you. It will be Sunday before our pheasant season opens and im looking forward to a an early start.

Thanks again for posting an enjoyable vid. :good:

Thanks SuperGoose75. I know what you mean about the weather. I prefer a lot wilder than it has been too. I just can't lie in on a Saturday during the season!

I do love the look of a good pointer in action although I've never owned one. The chessie is a breed apart though.

A very enjoyable vid pal and the dog is a credit to you,by the looks of it a lot of hard work has gone in to ted and you are reeping the benefits he is a credit to you

Many thanks. I really can't take too much credit for how Ted works. Most of it is just in him. I am a shooter first and foremost and I am glad to have a reliable dog to bring birds back.

He is a great pet too - my kids love playing with him.