Crouch valley

fse10

Been lots of widgeon down the Crouch lately, but the weather has not been idea for getting them on the marsh.

Being this is wildfowling and not baited pond shooting then people cannot really comment on whether it is good or not.

Some days the birds are there, some they aren't.

+1

I have been a few times over the last couple of years, as its wild birds you really can't have any gaurantes. There is generally a showing of birds, sometimes a lot sometimes a few. But it also depends on your neighbour you do get a lot of inexperienced shots who shoot at birds well out of range and scare everything off! Don't suppose anyone knows of any other local opportunities?

I have been a few times over the last couple of years, as its wild birds you really can't have any gaurantes. There is generally a showing of birds, sometimes a lot sometimes a few. But it also depends on your neighbour you do get a lot of inexperienced shots who shoot at birds well out of range and scare everything off! Don't suppose anyone knows of any other local opportunities?

There are a few clubs to join in that area, not many that have one off day.

• 2 weeks later...

Join South Essex to have the opportunity to buy a share on Bridgemarsh.

Don't quote me but I believe when you are down there you are allocated a place to shoot each time you go. Looks a great place to shoot as they seem to move back and forth to the freshwater creek and reserve there a few times each day.

You also need a boat.

Oh when the BWA had the reserve :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ; the finest duck shooting imaginable !!!!!

Join South Essex to have the opportunity to buy a share on Bridgemarsh.

Don't quote me but I believe when you are down there you are allocated a place to shoot each time you go. Looks a great place to shoot as they seem to move back and forth to the freshwater creek and reserve there a few times each day.

You also need a boat.

Edited by Penelope

Oh when the BWA had the reserve :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ; the finest duck shooting imaginable !!!!!

I can imagine....

Will have to make do with the gore...

Yes it does look a great place to shoot. I did have a walk down the sea wall the other day but was low water but the main creek was full of wigeon and teal I would imagine the shooting can be pretty good out there.

No good with them all out in the main river.....that's frustrating. Lots of birds down there, they even see pinks along there.

I can imagine....

No good with them all out in the main river.....that's frustrating. Lots of birds down there, they even see pinks along there.

No your right but guess like most places once the tide starts pushing they move about the place as it was low water when I went down there.

I can imagine....

No your right but guess like most places once the tide starts pushing they move about the place as it was low water when I went down there.