Rossi,,,,my hero !!

Velocette

Sorry I thought you said you watched it, are you really of the opinion that what he did was acceptable? Looks like he threw his toys out of the pram to me, he blatently pushed him off the track whilst watching , I don't think the leg was anything malacisious in refpgard to hitting the fron brake, but I would expect to see that behaviour on a primary school playing field not by a 9 times world champion

Thought it was one of the better races in a long time :yes: For anyone who thinks it was over the top, then go read the ticket you get when you buy one to actually go into a racing event - that may enlighten you to the fact it really is a hard and dangerous sport. Do you think for one moment it is all cuddly wuddly and everyone has a magic zone around them that others will not enter into? Come on, how do you get winners in races? Not by being an out and out brute (go back to some of the punishment dealt out by Lorenzo on Simoncellie when he was beginning to show the skills and the heart to challenge strongly) Yes Rossi was forcing Marki out from the racing line but really look at it - Marki was not for moving he was in fact, leaning on Rossie and trying to force him down and out - if it was you would you not push of with the easiest part of your leg to move - not the foot that got caught in Marki's pedal. I think that if you consider the statement from the powers that be "told of for ungentlemanly behavior and 3 points lost on his licence (racing one that is) and starts from the back of the grid in Valencia. Equivalant of that in Formula 1 grand Prix: Lewis really cuts up Rosberg and, instead of getting marked down a place- it is called "a racing incident" and he has to give up the place to Rosberg.

I'll say one thing, the race in Valencia will be a corker with Rossi starting from the back.

By the way I agree totally with the Previous poster about the girly comments from the commentators; Bet Parrish and his mate would have a totally different viewpoint if they were still commentating.

Enjoy the sport lads for it is not an easy one for any off those riders.

I've lost all respect for Rossi. His Parc-ferme interview convinced me that he didn't believe his excuses any more than I did. I think he should have been black flagged.

He'll never deserve the title of GOAT from me and I was hoping he would win the championship but not now. :no:

I've watched motorcycle racing since the 60s when Brian Goss and Vic Eastwood would be on BBC most Saturday afternoons entertaining the UK with Scrambling, I'm now 54 and very rarely miss a race, yesterday saw a miffed Marquez doing the same as had done the previous week in Australia, holding Rossi back and allowing Lorenzo to build up a lead, Marquez then sped off and passed Lorenzo to take the win, yesterday he was doing the same, I can understand Rossi's anger at Marquez's behaviour, I've watched the replays many times, from several angles and in super slo-mo, it's clear that Marquez made the attempt to pass Rossi just before he binned it and caused his own accident, those guys are on the track to race, but those who aren't in the title race should not hinder those who are, Marquez has done this twice, given the fact that the organisation running MotoGP is Spanish, are they making sure that a Spanish rider will be succesful this year, by fair means or foul?

Shaun will be along any moment now ;-)

I won't comment as I haven't seen the race yet.

Moi?

If you're a Rossi fan then he did no wrong

If you're a MM/Lorenzo fan then he should be hung drawn and quartered.

I agree with the commentators that Rossi kicked this off by accusing MM of helping Lorenzo in the press conference.

If he was truly helping him then why not let him win in oz?

Rossi has been a god in Moto GP for years but uses his reputation to get his own way,

Do I think he deliberately took MM off?....yes, do I think MM was hindering Rossi?....yes.

Was it justified?.....no, it's never justifyable to take another rider off, you never know how it will end up.

If it's raining in Spain I still think Rossi will win the championship, if its dry it will be more difficult.....

The one thing that is certain is that next year will be immense.

Oh and as an aside.......can someone have a word with Danny Kent and tell him to stop faffing about in qualifying!!!!!

Come on Lorenzo soldier_smiley22.gif

:shaun:

I watch the episode and it appears that marquez ran into Rossis leg I'm sorry but if someone hits you on the leg with a bike you're foot comes off the foot peg as for kicking him total rubbish it would have snapped Ross is leg the forces involved are magnified with speed Marquez tried pushing Rossi of the racing line it is he not Rossi that should be penalized remember Rossi was in front and Marquez hit him from behind

I watch the episode and it appears that marquez ran into Rossis leg I'm sorry but if someone hits you on the leg with a bike you're foot comes off the foot peg as for kicking him total rubbish it would have snapped Ross is leg the forces involved are magnified with speed Marquez tried pushing Rossi of the racing line it is he not Rossi that should be penalized remember Rossi was in front and Marquez hit him from behind

Which race were you watching?

MM ran into Rossi? Rossi slowed down, looked across and ran MM off the track, how did MM hit Rossi from behind?

How did MM try to push Rossi off the line? He was being pushed to the outside at the time off the line by Rossi.

There is none so blind as those that cannot see,

Of all the versions I have read ( pro Rossi and anti Rossi) yours is the only time anyone has come up with that!

"Marquez pushed Rossi off the line" Pffft!

:shaun:

What exactly were you drinking when you watched this episode?

Sounds like turps was the drink of choice?

after someone I know finished their first moto bike race he said "its like a pack of wolves out there" with a big grin on his face

I have seen kicking, helmet butting, hitting kill switches, punching that is on the bikes never mind after the race

the commentators must have thought they were watching F1

the 125 races used to have guys knocking lumps out of each other

My opinion is that they were both in the wrong.

VR for winding MM up in the build up to the race and MM for trying to hinder VR's progress. They came together due to a poor decision by VR to push MM wide. Don't believe for one minute any top flight rider would intentionally put another rider on the deck as the sport is dangerous enough.

I think Lin Jarvis should give GL an **** kicking for his comments tho. He is the one who is going to have his image damaged after the incident.

Also felt the BT Sport commentators were out of order 'baying for blood' and the claims that VR had hit MM brake lever with his knee?.......how did they perceive that happened? :lol:

Shame is that VR gave Manky Marc what he wanted.

Last season MotoGP was like watching paint dry so, this season, I couldn't be persuaded that it was worth paying BT to watch it live. This season started off dull as well but it did look like we might have an exciting end to it.

The last two races have really put it to the bottom of my 'must watch' list.

Moto2, Moto3, BSB, WSB and all the Supersport and Superstock races have provided much more race entertainment for me.

The annual Honda/Yamaha four bikes, one of which will p off into the distance has just got worthless in my opinion. I'd hate to have spent money on a ticket. :/