home made magnet and accesories

joshcank

afternoon everyone!

im very new to this forum, im a young shot from Leicestershire and ive just got myself some rough shooting after being on the clay scene for a while.

today ive started to build my own magnet rather than pay the price of a ready made one. ive made a nice little base up and good a little 24 volt motor out of a welder wire feeder unit all mounted up(ive got a plan in mind for speed control too, helps being an electrician!). found some nice aluminium tubing to make the arms out of but im stuck on how to attach either dead birds or decoys to the end of the arms.

have any of you lads got any ideas? anything you may of done yourselves or seen done?

any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers, josh

If its 24 volts how are you going to run it?

two 12volt batteries connected in series gives you 24v, however I ran the motor with a 12v battery on its own to try it and it gave me pretty much a perfect speed and drew hardly any extra current.

Hi Josh,your better off using a car windscreen motor so you don't have to convert.Get them from the scrap yard for about a fiver.As for the arms,I've now put Camo tape on them to stop the glare off the sun.

Hope this helps

Mark

no converting needing mate, just either run it off one battery or put in a 4 quid speed controller! how did you attach your birds or decoys to the ends of the poles bud?

cheers