JohnGalway

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest rabgoat

good going again john, :rolleyes: ......went out last night myself for the first time with the cz 17 hmr,shot two rabbits,seen two fox's, too far away for me to be confident off a clean shot 120 130 yds maybe,it's hard in the dark to get the range rite,was trying to call a fox in when behind me there started a snarling growling match,didn't know what to hell it was never heard it before they sounded heavy big animals,then it stopped and one BADGER run,i put the lamp on it,,it wasn't spooked at all i was the one doing that :good: then it ran across the field another one came it sniffing the air seemed in a hurry looking for the other one,(dose of the bull me thinks).and on top of that i was being stalked by OWLS the whole time every where i went swooping at me squellin at me. :rolleyes:

Guest rabgoat
Rabgoat, saw two badgers myself on the road. They don't mind the light at all. I tried taking a camerafone video but it's **** enough in the daytime as it is :rolleyes:
your rite there john i thought they were gona come over to me and check me out,what do you reckon about the OWLS they were to close for my liking,would they claw at your face don't wanna loose an eye,i know they are prob only protecting there young and trying too ward me off. :rolleyes:

Guest rabgoat
AFAIK I've never seen an owl. Either they're not around here or I'm not in the spots that they are.

there long eared OWLS they were actually barking at me one night i thought it was a fox cub,they do this when they feel threatened.big birds too when they swoop over your head :rolleyes:

Dead-eye, plenty of foxes left around here in my opinion. Seems to be hit and miss in seeing them is all but I've got no doubt that they're in it. Either way how does that saying go, you cull one and two turn up at his funeral :blush: There's one spot there maybe young hanging around in, have permission to go walkabout there but I'm getting lazy!

GH, have fun, hope ya do a bit of catching as well as fishing :P

No worries Frank, I have your number :lol::good:

Rabgoat, saw two badgers myself on the road. They don't mind the light at all. I tried taking a camerafone video but it's **** enough in the daytime as it is :lol:

Hopefully you have left a few john ;) I got one myself last night grand big vixon was out for an hour or two.

Well I can say for certain there are four around, which means there are a lot more than four IMO. I'm going to leave out a little something for foxy tomorrow, hopefully will help us spotting one or two :P I'm not heading out tonight so they'll heave a bit fo a break to settle down :blush: Here's hoping for goldfish memory :good: Any plan yet for tomorrow?

Yeah john i will give conor a bell when i get there hope to reach ye lads for around eleven,if ya want me down a bit earlier i can if you want?

• 2 weeks later...