JohnGalway

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nah..you just got fox fever... :lol::lol: no known cure GH

Think i picked up that fever a long time ago myself very very hard to cure :lol: an expensive illness it is :lol:;) hope you find him john :lol: was out last night myself got 2 one was shot by the lad that usually holds the lamp for me he only ever fired at paper before never fired my gun though, but there was a fox in a hollow sitting upright so i swapped over and let him take control fox started to get a bit nervous and started to trot away i gave a squeal and foxy looked back and my mate nailed him :rolleyes: stepped it out to 175yrds talking about delighted he was already talking about gettin his own rifle first time i ever heard my .223 being fired by someone else at night couldnt belive how quiet it actually is :good: here is the fox john

Tikkafox-1.jpg

YHPM Frank, new thread started on it anyhow :o

hi john how loud is your 223 un moderated would it be as loud as an un moderated hornet when moderated? :o

.223 un-moderated is VERY loud i couldnt fire more than 3 shots without getting a thumping headache when moderated with t8 it brings it down to very near moderated 17hmr sound levels on mine it does anyway :lol: i dont really like wearing ear muffs when shooting with a rifle with mod you dont really have to. un-moderated you wouldnt be long going deaf if you didnt wear muffs :lol:

Thanks Lazza :(

Definately no records set on this thread Mark, I just like talkign about them so it seems like more foxes than in reality :o Think I'm up around 26 or so. Don't have the same scope or type of ground as others, happy enough all the same :(

Your doing very well john theres nothing to stupid about the foxes round you and very difficult terrain,and as for you liking to talk about them it makes very good reading :lol: Cant wait to hear of your adventures with your new remington when you get her :lol: Was out last night myself got one spot on in the shoulder at about 100yrds and missed another still kicking myself :o he moved just as i had the trigger pulled but at least it was a clean miss :(

tikkamark, most people own up to occasionally missing and it's not very nice when it happens (especially if the gamekeeeper happens to be sitting next to you at the time of the miss :D), I just try put it down to experience and learn something from it.

John G, your doing a good job on those foxes. When I get some time, I'll try and post some of my lamping experiences, particularly some of the characters I go lamping with. Wouldn't change'em for the world!

Your goin to have to learn to hand squeal john just takes practice but once you get the hang of it you wont need a whole lot else comes in VERY handy on a fox that bit to far as you have seen :( would have helped you out there even if you cant get the hang of that you should try calling with a blade of grass worked many times for me and very loud i should have shown you the blade of grass technique the time i was down with ye :good:

Guest rabgoat

went out for a shine on friday night,two badgers came in for nosey when they heard the call,seen two foxs aswell,the first one sat in among trees in someones back garden,talk about cute it wouldn't budge couldn't take a shot obviously,i was on my way up to the car when i had a last look,a set of eyes were on the lane i just walked up about 160yds away ,i had the NV MONOCULAR with me from LIDL,i just kept giving an odd squeek with my lips and he was coming slowly stopping sometimes in the long grass at the side of the road,i was thinkin the whole time you can't take a long shot at that because i had 20gr gamepoint loaded in the 17hmr,i was thinking of rick o shea of the lane way,so i had to get it in fairly close and hit it when it was in the grass at the side,got it in too about 40yds it stopped in a gate way, i put the gun up on the shootin sticks turned on the tracer max lamp( it's an older model with no dimmer switch),i didn't even get a good look at the fox it was of like a rocket and out of sight :( i can't understand why there so hard to get a shot at,i don't know of anyone else lamping in that area as far as i know im the only one shooting on that permission ,iv'e been out early morn and late at night before dark and i havn't even seen a cub this year, wonder would the foxs be afraid of the badgers? .so i went yesterday and bought a new tracer max pro kit with flip up filters and dimmer switch hopefully this will increase my chances,i would love one of the nv add ons that fit on to the daylight scope,is there any out there at affordable prices. :good: