A nice story for a change.

Danoi99

I have applied for FAC air (.177 & .22 with mods) and FAC Shotgun. FAC air because I have some nice woods to shoot in and I fancied a little more clout, nothing crazy, probably go for a secondhand HW80 in .177 running around the 18 -20 ftlbs mark. And secondhand BSA super 10 in .22 running nearer to 30ftlbs.

Going to forget what I thought I knew about shooting rifles and go back to basics. My aim is to get the skills back and move up to a .17HMR in a years time, then progress to a CF once I'm ready.

The FAC shotgun is for pigeons. I know it's not that necessary but in truth, I'd like to have a crack at PSG next year.......but that depends on my work situation (long story). Anyway, I fancy strapping a Hogue over moulded stock and a big mag tube on my 870 Wingmaster if only to make my brother jealous.

The FEO from Avon & Somerset constabulary popped round my house yesterday and gave me the thumbs up. I got everything I asked for, with no weird conditions being put on me. Pigeons, avian pest species and AOLQ for FAC air..........same for the shotgun with the addition of usage for clays (yes my ground allows it), but I'll not show up with a mag extension on, and I'll pop the Mag plug in so only 2 carts will fit in.

And so my journey begins. Going to learn all about rifle shooting, scopes, field-craft etc. With the ultimate goal of eventually being able to get out on the deer !!! that's a long way off.

For now though, the rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, crows and magpies that frequent my permissions should sharpen their own skills while I'm waiting for the Licence to arrive.......mid December !!!

I'm not complaining, A & S firearms team are snowed under...............I got my tiny victory. And tonight is my night off, I've got a bottle of Ardmore single malt and "A Bridge too far" to watch on DVD. The missus said I could have bit later too. :lol::lol::lol::lol: Back of the ******* net ! :yahoo:

By midnight tonight I should be half cut with knackers as flat as bats wings !!

:lol: someones in a good mood... Which feo do you see? Is it pete? AVS have always been great when I have spoken to them. And seem to be very busy at the moment..

Yeh it was mate. I used to live close to Feeder rd and it was Phil Baker then. I'd have to say both are top blokes, very down to earth and helpful.

Their staffing levels have been halved in recent times (funding cuts), so I don't really care how long it takes to issue my coterminous jobby.

And yes I'm over the moon because my application wasn't straight forward (medical history has false entry, long story). Really looking forward to getting stuck into rifles again, the last decent one I got behind was a 7.62 target rifle (Parker Hale I think) at Pilning.

I'd love to get hold of Lee Enfield 303 for old times sake. one day !! Buzzing mate, buzzing!!

ATB