Semi-auto & lubrication

Brodie

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, Loki said:

Hi

GT85 is usually £1.99 in Lidl/Aldi when they have it in - far cheaper that cycling shops or Halfords., 2-3 for the price of 1. Just saying......

L

Wilkinsons also have it at around £2.

Microfibre cloth which has car engine oil soaked into it for wiping down my Beretta 303. Piece of Scotch cloth and GT85 for cleaning internal metal. Lucas gun oil for slide rails. Occasionally chuck the piston in the ultrasonic cleaner thingy. Can not remember when either my 301 or 303 failed to cycle using 28 and 24 grams.

If you look on You Tube, Beretta have an instructional video for strip cleaning an auto. They say NO LUBRICATION   ! 

1 hour ago, Westley said:

Wilkinsons also have it at around £2.

Microfibre cloth which has car engine oil soaked into it for wiping down my Beretta 303. Piece of Scotch cloth and GT85 for cleaning internal metal. Lucas gun oil for slide rails. Occasionally chuck the piston in the ultrasonic cleaner thingy. Can not remember when either my 301 or 303 failed to cycle using 28 and 24 grams.

If you look on You Tube, Beretta have an instructional video for strip cleaning an auto. They say NO LUBRICATION   ! 

Lubrication starts at 04.00   

Edited by BlaserF3
me

I have had a few 11-87's,an 1100 before that plus an 870 pump.

I shot very well with my 1100 but no matter what I did it was not reliable with anything under 32gm.I had an elderly friend over from America who had always used Remmies and he cleaned it in petrol then applied a light film of oil but it was still a bit fussy.It let me down a few important times so I went for an 11-87.I have had 2 and found both very reliable on anything from 28gm upwards if kept reasonably clean.Build up of carbon on the magazine tube can be an issue so of you keep this clean and then apply a small film of oil then you should be grand.I would never dream of running it dry.Every now and again I will take it totally apart and give it a good clean,it is amazing the amount of gunk that can get in around the trigger action and slide even when lightly oiled.

On an aside there is a rubber O-ring that sits on the top of the magazine tube.I imagine it is there to stop gases escaping and work the action.Last season this ring broke on my gun,I didn't have a spare but once cleaned and oiled the gun worked perfectly without it.I managed to get some rings to fit it a few weeks later (They are a funny size that are hard to source) and fitted it but it made me wonder why the ring is there when the gun worked perfectly well without it.