Some great Cod fishing

docholiday

Well this year is turning out to be a good one for the cod down here in the Solent and around the needles, the weather has played ball and I have had 7 trips and 6 cod, two of us had 4 cod in the solent last night,got home at 3 am. Fish are "small" but looking good for the rest of the season. All were taken on squid baits in varrying depths from 50 foot to 120 foot.

cod-2.jpg

cod%20-%201.jpeg

heronAviemore%208-2015-3.jpg

heronAviemore%208-2015-4.jpg

heronAviemore%208-2015-7.jpg

heronAviemore%208-2015-2.jpg

Congrats on some quality fish and its good to hear that there are some about this year.

I fished the Needles a few times in the '60's and '70's, when the really big doubles were about and it could get a bit congested out there.

Its fishing better this year than the last ten for shore, can still be a few boats out there, if its a sunny calm sunday on a neap tide there can be up to 70 odd boats bobbing around, though last night up the solent there was just two boats fishing all night

Nice one some good cod there , we fish the Humber through the winter my mate was out Sunday and they had around a hundred fish between three of them, hoping to get my new boat out soon :good:

Were they out in a boat . or fishing off the wall?

I used to fish the wall on a regular basis a few years ago, never caught much apart from whiting and very small codling, but there are reports it should fish well this year.

Were they out in a boat . or fishing off the wall?

I used to fish the wall on a regular basis a few years ago, never caught much apart from whiting and very small codling, but there are reports it should fish well this year.

They where in my mates boat not far from bullfort ,from what ive heard there catching plenty from the wall and the other side at macro and all the popular marks