on the blacks

yickdaz

the pigeons are proving elusive at the moment they are still feeding on stubbles in flocks but hard to decoy, I decided to have a look at my local farm this afternoon theres always a few birds knocking about crows and pigeons, as soon as I arrived one stubble had a lot of crows and a few pigeons on it birds were wheeling around in the wind over the field so with a strong wind blowing thought I had a chance so set up by 1pm with pigeon decoys to one side and crows the other and the jackdaws just came mobbing in from the off continued like that all afternoon some patchy shooting in the wind especially second barrels jackdaws twisting and turning at speed old fella joined me for the last hour and half, few ducks kept circling the field and right at the end they came over the hide, quick change of carts always carry some tungsten 3s this time of year in case any geese make an appearance and managed to down 1 of the ducks

it started hammering it down whilst packing up at 4pm so just threw them in a pile and took a quick snap 59 mixed blacks picked up lost about 6 some in thick cover and a few that flew on hit and towered in different directions

post-21887-0-37964000-1447002795_thumb.jpg