loooking for a pcp around £400

wizzard83

Hi all,

As the title suggests I am looking for a pcp multishot air rifle around £400.

I have a falcon FN12 that I absolutely love, but unfortunately, at some time in the past, a previous owner has spray painted the barrel and action in thick gloss black paint :/ now that the gun is getting on a bit this paint has started chipping so I have decided to use this as a rough gun until I can decide how to make it look pretty again!

Because of this I am now looking for a new rifle but have a bit of a budget, so not looking for anything too extravagant.

So far the choices I have in mind are a Walter Rotex RM8, am air arms s200 with the kit to make it a multishot, or my mate has a BSA scorpion for sale second hand.

any favourites with anyone, any advice, or any others that I could add to the list?

I will be handling anything i am considering before i buy, i was just wandering if there is anything that any of them do particularly well or anything tat i should look for specifically.

Ta all.

found out that Emmett and stone has all 3 so ill go and have a play this week. i have to say tho that looking at the reviews they all look good, but the s200 has the edge because of the weight.

The Walther has a buddy bottle which gives it more shots per fill, but i think when you get up to 40+ shots that is enough really, so not too bothered... we will see when i have them in hand.

mole will be on in a minute telling you to buy a hatsan :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

on a serious note, the rotex is nice but a bit heavy , the bsa scorpion was designed to be used for 10mtr target shooting at 6ftlb but shoots very well,, but to me for the £400 then the BSA ultra se and s200 would be very hard to beat

mole will be on in a minute telling you to buy a hatsan :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol:

on a serious note, the rotex is nice but a bit heavy , the bsa scorpion was designed to be used for 10mtr target shooting at 6ftlb but shoots very well,, but to me for the £400 then the BSA ultra se and s200 would be very hard to beat

I got a bsa scorpion se m8 and get very good groups at 40m are you talking about the bsa scorpion cadet version or the bsa scorpion se

The new SMK is also worth a look :P

You got to admit though my last trip with the new Galatian certainly had some good results...

Edited by secretagentmole

hello, why would anyone want to lug around a nearly 8.5llb pcp as compaired to a S200/ FX/ etc what do the make them out of lead? ???

I don't know either, but that wasn't the question, and there seem to be plenty of people that like rifles you need a forklift to transport.

The HW 100 weights about the same and costs about double, plenty seem to buy them!

:yes::good:

Edited by Dekers

I don't know either, but that wasn't the question, and here seem to be plenty of people that like rifles you need a forklift to transport.

The HW 100 weights about the same and costs about double, plenty seem to buy them!

hello dekers, yes i agree many like the heavier rifle and at £400 seems like a general price many can afford compaired to the HW. but they are not my ideal PCP. hence why i put my .177 hunting kit up for sale just in case interested. cheers

I don't know either, but that wasn't the question, and here seem to be plenty of people that like rifles you need a forklift to transport.

have to say I,m quite impressed with the weight of the HW100kt, certainly lighter than my airwolf that's for sure

TBH my Falcon is no featherweight! theres a reason they prduced a lighthiunter version of the FN12... I find the weight is usefu for steadying the rifle but i really would like something lighter for swinging round a field. thats what drew me to the s200 in the first place, but I just think the Walther is beautiful! might have a look at a S410 as well second hand if there is something reasonable about.

im definitely thinking s410 now, they turn up in every single list of the best pcp rifles that people use. To get that quality at that price is something you cant really argue with, specially if i can find a second hand full setup in .177.

I might need to spend a bit more than i expected to but it will be worth it. thanks guys.

TBH you need to go a long way to beat the S410-it has stood the test of time and is still one of the best guns out there, spares are cheap and readily available as are a wealth of custom parts-some people say that the blueing is not brilliant but mine is 7 years old and has a flawless finish. Of all the Airguns I have owned my S410 is the only one to have produced two 5 shot one hole groups over 25 yards (had a Daystate that managed it once but spent more time being repaired than used) in my hands-it is also the one I have kept the longest.