Port aged in bottle

Lord Geordie

sounds a bit dodgy , best send it to me and ill test it for you , no need to thank me , im always happy to help :yes:

Mel seeing as you are a nice fella I would hate for you to take the risk of testing that by yourself, I am happy to volunteer my port testing services alongside you :yes:

If it's a Vintage Port then 2004 is way too young to be drinking - who is the maker? If it's something like Dow's, Harris etc then it needs at least 30 years! My son has a bottle of 1977 that we may be drinking this Christmas :). You can still buy 1935 Ports that are in their prime - if you have about £800 to spend !!!

As Dekers said you would need to slowly decant it so you don't get any sediment.

Edited by MrM

We'll be drinking the last of the '77 Warres this Christmas.

As MrM says, the good stuff can go on mellowing for years.

The best thing to do is to type the maker's name and vintage into Google. I'm certain that someone out there in internetland will have tasted a bottle recently, and will let you know whereabouts it is on the drinkability curve.

LS