Pheasant shoot 7th November 2015

ollie

Here is a video of our first proper outing on the pheasant syndicate this year. The weather was unseasonably warm & the cover is still high so we didn't have a great day.

The highlight of the day was a large pod of porpoises breaking the surface along the coast when we were shooting. Unfortunately a lot of them were too far out in the sea to pick up on the head cam, but you may notice some of them.

I was trying my new sj4000 camera for the first time & I was impressed by the clarity of it, especially considering how cheap it was.

I hope you enjoy!!!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdXL__oYvbmKo0Ccm-vWRfw

Good video. That's great woodcock country! It looks like you were in a different weather zone to South Antrim. It lashed on us. Until lunch anyway.

The camera looks good - I hope to try out my sj4000 this weekend.

It rained until about 11.30 & then it was great after.

It looks like good woodcock country, but we never get many on our shoot, an odd one here & there. I think the soil type isn't right or the cover is too tight.

I was impressed with the sj4000. The clarity is great compared to the 1000.

Great stuff as always Ollie love these walk up vids of yours thanks for posting.

Thanks for watching. Hopefully better days to come.

I love your videos with the cliff sides, the ocean, the sky and the bird shooting is good as well. :)

You do get to tramp over some lovely countryside.

Cheers Cranfield. My in-laws live in Belfast city and they always tell me off for not appreciating the scenery where we live in the Glens of Antrim, but it certainly is stunning. The tramping is the hard part though, in some parts of the shoot the bracken & briars are head height, it has been so unseasonable warm, just need some frost to kill it off and push the birds towards the feeders.

Amazing scenery, well shot as always. Looks like a great place to shoot. Good vid.

Cheers, thanks for watching.

Good vid keep em coming :good:

November and shooting in short sleeves :good: can't be bad mate :good: BB

Cheers mate. Not a great thing being this warm; the dogs get exhausted easy, the cover is very high & there is that much natural food that the birds don't need to go to the feeders.

Nice to wake up to a little snow this morning.