BBC

old'un

Watched question time last night and one of the topics was the NHS (what's new) BBC 1 show saw Nigel Farage's right-hand man Paul Nuttall booed for arguing that part of the crisis in the NHS and housing, was caused by immigration.

What's your take on the BBC and was it a selected audience?

If the NHS is strained by the number of people that use it, and then we let hundred thousand extra people into the country (people who's original country possibly hasnt had very good health care) is there a high possibility they will need some treatment ?

So its right in saying an already stretched service will be stretched further. I don't care what political view you are how can you deny that ?

As for housing , I'm living in Bristol atm, theyve said they're building 80,000 homes a year and need something like 120,000 to keep up with the next generations growing up. Now if you also let in loads of people from abroad, once again the problem only gets worse.

Some people are just too thick or like to stick their heads in the sand.

I don't think immigrants are the route of all evil, I think alot of wealthy business people also do well from the cheap influx of workers.

hello, it maybe be a selected audience by the way you have to apply for by the phone application so they have a wider range of people from different back grounds and ages i do not think they take the first come first served but maybe i am wrong and maybe someone will say how is done, as for the NHS and housing, yes and yes is my answer. as for the BBC well you only need to look back at the non dom scandel for one aspect, 426 top entertainers were paid via a tax haven. and thats our licence fee

If the NHS is strained by the number of people that use it, and then we let hundred thousand extra people into the country (people who's original country possibly hasnt had very good health care) is there a high possibility they will need some treatment ?

So its right in saying an already stretched service will be stretched further. I don't care what political view you are how can you deny that ?

As for housing , I'm living in Bristol atm, theyve said they're building 80,000 homes a year and need something like 120,000 to keep up with the next generations growing up. Now if you also let in loads of people from abroad, once again the problem only gets worse.

Some people are just too thick or like to stick their heads in the sand.

I don't think immigrants are the route of all evil, I think alot of wealthy business people also do well from the cheap influx of workers.

hello, you last paragragh re business people, do you not think this was a ploy by those who wanted the UK into the european union in the first place all those years ago?

hello, you last paragragh re business people, do you not think this was a ploy by those who wanted the UK into the european union in the first place all those years ago?

a local business man has just been fined £10.000 for giving its foreign national workers paying the basic M Wge and then deducting money for renting his property

When you look at the BBC's liberal institution as a whole, it has a lot of young people, lot's of ethnic minorities, and no doubt a lot of gay people. Put this all together, and you're bound to have a left-leaning organisation. When the BBC management consists of young, recently-graduated left-wingers, ethnic minorities, and homosexuals, it's no wonder they load the audience against the likes of UKIP, who they no doubt tar as racist, sexist, bigoted, and homophobic scum. It was well-known that the BBC HQ was littered with Champagne bottles after Tony Blair's 1997 victory, so that shows what sort of allegiance they have in general.

In my opinion, the BBC has been liberal-left leaning for quite a while, but it's got much worse in the last couple of years, particularly with the rise of UKIP and the refugee crisis. Afterall, it is a licence-fee funded institution, and any right-winger with half a brain would most likely give it the chop, save the taxpayer some money, and give them the opportunity to pay for something they actually want, so the BBC have to ensure their future somehow. Let's face it, the BBC TV channels are absolute tosh, and I think the only things worth keeping are BBC Radio 2 and 5Live.

Some of the recent documetaries they've made have been pathetically biased. I saw one about the Calais crisis, where the left-leaning, recently-graduated presenter was making the lorry drivers look like scum, yet glorifying the migrants. Then there was the "Is Britain Racist?", about Britain first. The title is loaded for a start!

The annoying thing is that some people aren't intelligent enough to see through the BBC as what it is, and they're taking in by the BBC as a higher authority. That's how you get mouthpieces like Chris Packham spouting his anti-everything propaganda, who people see on the BBC, and take his word as gospel and correct. They're just filtering their views down to people who can't think for themselves.

Edited by J_Edwards

No just the EU, its something that's happened for hundreds of years in many countries

Bringing in Chinese workers to build the US rail roads, African slaves to work the farms etc

Atm we have European workers on farms , in the US they bus in workers from Mexico to work all day, then bus them back at the end.

Cheap foreign labour is nothing new.

Edited by Lloyd90

It was well-known that the BBC HQ was littered with Champagne bottles after Tony Blair's 1997 victory, so that shows what sort of allegiance they have in general.

Then there was the "Is Britain Racist?", about Britain first. The title is loaded for a start!

First point: well known by whom? Any first hand experience? I was at the BBC at the time and didn't see any champagne bottles littering anywhere?

How is that title loaded? It's a question surely? To make it loaded would need a qualifier moving it to a statement instead of a question

And generally, as the same points are raised in all the recent conversations on here bashing the BBC I'll save everybody some time by hitting the main points:

"Waste of money, I don't use any BBC services except radio four and documentaries" Well you use the BBC then

"The BBC is left leaning" "The BBC is right leaning" it can't be both but don't let me interrupt your tin foil hat making class

"Why should I pay the license fee?" Because that's what's currently required? I don't want to pay income tax or RFL but I have to. If you genuinely don't receive any live broadcasts you don't need one

There's definitely a cabal of people on here who seem generally unhappy with their worlds, the world is not perfect, this world has to please a lot of people with very different wishes, the BBC has the same problem, it tries very hard, I don't know what else you expect

Watched question time last night and one of the topics was the NHS (what's new) BBC 1 show saw Nigel Farage's right-hand man Paul Nuttall booed for arguing that part of the crisis in the NHS and housing, was caused by immigration.

Ahhh, Question Time...guaranteed to help anyone suffering low blood pressure.

I can't believe some of the carp that's spouted on there sometimes. As for the NHS question I think 'The Sun' journo called it about right, Nutall made some salient points, as did Sajid Javid. As usual the Labour woman just regurgitated the usual emotional claptrap which backfired spectacularly when PFI contracts were brought up. The bloke dressed as a woman didn't have much to say, I'm not really sure who he was or why he was there...maybe to add a bit of 'diversity'? Who knows.

Yes, the audience is selected, and as far as I remember you have to state your political leaning...all in the interest of keeping it equal. :rolleyes:

The BBC are ok, but just ok. They're nothing special. Some of their programmes are very good, but there's a lot of rubbish too. Much the same as any other channel really. They are very much a 'liberal leaning' organisation, which many there freely admit to.

Always best to get your news from a selection of sources from around the world...somewhere in the middle you'll find the truth.

Surely the thread title should have been BBC QUESTION TIME BIAS.

As usual there is a quick slip in to bashing the BBC on whole, there is no way it can please all of the people all of the time, to believe otherwise is naive.

The BBC makes some wonderful programmes and some utter ****, that is why I have the remote control with which to change channel.

North Somerset has been told to build 21,000 houses, and most of the land used will be greenbelt.. The local MP has put up a fight saying use brown field but has been ignored.

One thing again is the "affordale" housing. Im 31 and having had my own property are now back in the spare room. I am not on a bad rate of pay but have no way got money for a deposit and the housing around here are far from affordable..

North Somerset has been told to build 21,000 houses, and most of the land used will be greenbelt.. The local MP has put up a fight saying use brown field but has been ignored.

One thing again is the "affordale" housing. Im 31 and having had my own property are now back in the spare room. I am not on a bad rate of pay but have no way got money for a deposit and the housing around here are far from affordable..

I went to look at some new builds around Bristol that are just going up atm.

£180,000 for a 1 bedroom flat, £280-300,000 for a 3 bed semi!

With a starting salary out of uni of around £28k the most the bank would even lend works out around £140k.

First point: well known by whom? Any first hand experience? I was at the BBC at the time and didn't see any champagne bottles littering anywhere?

How is that title loaded? It's a question surely? To make it loaded would need a qualifier moving it to a statement instead of a question

And generally, as the same points are raised in all the recent conversations on here bashing the BBC I'll save everybody some time by hitting the main points:

"Waste of money, I don't use any BBC services except radio four and documentaries" Well you use the BBC then

"The BBC is left leaning" "The BBC is right leaning" it can't be both but don't let me interrupt your tin foil hat making class

"Why should I pay the license fee?" Because that's what's currently required? I don't want to pay income tax or RFL but I have to. If you genuinely don't receive any live broadcasts you don't need one

There's definitely a cabal of people on here who seem generally unhappy with their worlds, the world is not perfect, this world has to please a lot of people with very different wishes, the BBC has the same problem, it tries very hard, I don't know what else you expect

a dose of reality :good: well said

I went to look at some new builds around Bristol that are just going up atm.

£180,000 for a 1 bedroom flat, £280-300,000 for a 3 bed semi!

With a starting salary out of uni of around £28k the most the bank would even lend works out around £140k.

Exactly. You have to find 40k deposit, how is that affordable..

then 140k lent you are looking at 800 a month payback and on 28k salary ur looking at say 1700-1800 pcm after tax. Then put your bills ontop. Its a stretch at best.

I saw it and found it infuriating.

They couldn't have found a more left wing audience if they tried.

I can only talk about NHS as I know it very, very well. What did you expect this guy (or Sajid Javid) to say? Touch on any real issues like the selling off the most profitable parts of the services the NHS is set to provide to pig lover's friends? Maybe the fact that most hospitals work well bellow the safety levels of staffing? The fact that there are hospitals with more managers than doctors? The nutter from farce's 'party' just regurgitated the same old stuff they have been vomiting for years, and the government minister just tried to divert attention. It worked so far, as it seems some people are convinced by it, so they hope it will continue using it.

Edited by Psyxologos