Leather stitching

rimfire4969

My cartridge belt has started to come apart (see photos below), not surprised really I got it from my mum & dad for my 18th birthday so a few years short of 30 years ago and it means a lot to me.

Can anyone help me out and put the thing back together. I will gladly pay your time, Materials and the postage each way.

E497A84B-492F-49F2-84CD-B8D0E9D1A7EF_zps

0F16433E-A32A-40B0-81BF-A7E438B2550B_zps

Edited by rimfire4969

I used to do leather stitching when I was a lad, my dad who was a master cobbler and often made leather goods, used to make leather wallets and I helped with hand stitching them up.

Fraid I couldnt help now too long a time passed, try a saddler or if you have an old fashioned cobblers / shoe repairers they should be able to do a pro job.

Just google leather stitching, should be fairly easy as holes are already in place just need correct needle and thread and proceedure

You will need 2 ball point needles and some waxed cotton (or nylon) thread to it properly, once the holes are in it is not difficult. However a saddler would be your best option, which should not be that much of a problem in a rural area. I would offer but a bit tight for time at the moment and the postage costs would up the price a lot.

if you want my good lady to sort it out , just post it up to us and shell take care of it for you.

I have just received my cartridge belt back from Mel, his good lady has done a fantastic job on it and would not accept any money and posted back the cash I sent with it. This money will now be going to charity.

Thank you both again. PW greats.