Drayton Parslow clay pigeon

super sharp shooter

Normally 12 traps on a Sporting layout-positions/angles/birds change most times we visit-Hot drinks/food are readily available and served by 2 young ladies that are rather pleasing on the eye :innocent: . I'm sure they buy special clays that are allergic to some kinds of shot-usually mine and the Rabbit, when on, is entertaining to say the least-some walk in front of you whilst some never put their feet on the ground and simply rocket past you breaking the sound barrier-a box of tissues to dry your tears will be handy :rolleyes: . Tends to be chilly so if you feel the cold make sure you wrap up well.

I am a regular at both Drayton Parslow and Lodge Farm.

As bruno22rf says plus the following:

On a sunny day, a fair few of the stands end up facing into the sun which can be a challenge.

If it's windy, like the last weekend, the vertical teal ends up becoming an impossibly fast crosser as soon as it rises above the trees and the pair of simulated driven off the cherry picker can be travelling at approx 50mph. Both fun to say the least!

The rabbit is very erratic and unpredictable but highly entertaining at the same time as you are never quite sure whether it's going to be a tortoise or a hare at full pelt!

Get there early at about 09:30 as the queues for cards and food/tea/coffee can build up.

You can take your pick of 70 bird, 100 bird or 120 bird so you can miss some of the busier stands if need be.

Like most clubs, it gets busy if the weather is nice but I have always found it to be friendly and informal, just like Lodge Farm which I shoot on alternate weekends.

I will be there on the 29th, look out for the Pigeonwatch sticker in the back window of my black defender 90

Please note: Fibre wad only

Edited by Killshott

Normally 12 traps on a Sporting layout-positions/angles/birds change most times we visit-Hot drinks/food are readily available and served by 2 young ladies that are rather pleasing on the eye :innocent: . I'm sure they buy special clays that are allergic to some kinds of shot-usually mine and the Rabbit, when on, is entertaining to say the least-some walk in front of you whilst some never put their feet on the ground and simply rocket past you breaking the sound barrier-a box of tissues to dry your tears will be handy :rolleyes: . Tends to be chilly so if you feel the cold make sure you wrap up well.

I Love the rabbit there its tends to be more like a grouse sometimes, doing about mach 2 as you desperately try to go somewhere close to it.

Decided to go dispite the poor weather forecast and was quite impressed. There were 12 stands to shoot on but i opted to only shoot 7 due to not wanting to get stuck in the rain but it only came with a light shower. There was some interesting and challenged birds on offer with the wind helping out on some of them. Next time i go i will shoot the 12 stands if the weather is kind..

SSS

• 3 weeks later...