sj4000 problems -help please

Big Al

I bought an sj4000 (from Amazon ) in September to upgrade from my chilli cam. I have been a bit slow about getting it set up and working and only took it out for the first today.

Problem 1 materialised last night when I couldn't get it to charge. I tried the USB lead into the computer and also into the wall charger. Neither worked. I took it out with only the charge it came with.

Problem 2 is that the recorded image is upside down. This could be me not having set the right options in the menu. Still bloody annoying though.

Problem 3 is that I have just discovered that I cannot access the clips by plugging in the camera into computer. I have removed the card and will hopefully get in later to see if I can turn the image the right way up.

The low battery light is coming on now so I am about to contact amazon to arrange a return. As it is not beyond the realms of possibility that I am being bloody stupid I thought I would ask for your help before I send it back.

****** off.

To be honest I never fiddled with the settings on mine, I charged, put it on my head & recorded. I hope you haven't bought one of the fakes that are out there. Hope you get sorted with the return.

Cheers ollie

Where did you get yours? I thought it would be safer buying from amazon. It wasn't the marketplace. [

Cheers ollie

Where did you get yours? I thought it would be safer buying from amazon. It wasn't the marketplace. [

I got mine from amazon. I was wary of the fakes, so I used a link that someone from here put on as I knew they were genuine ones.

To turn the video right way up you need to go in the settings and alter it there, strange it came with video inverted as factory it set correct.

My only issue with the little sj is that when battery is removed you need to reset the date every time. But iv put mine in the sea in the non water proof case and still works so fantastic little cam.

Can you post a pic of the front as you can tell a dicky from the front

To turn the video right way up you need to go in the settings and alter it there, strange it came with video inverted as factory it set correct.

My only issue with the little sj is that when battery is removed you need to reset the date every time. But iv put mine in the sea in the non water proof case and still works so fantastic little cam.

Can you post a pic of the front as you can tell a dicky from the front

Yeah that is a pain I must admit. When I am out I don't bother resetting the date, I was doing this one day when I heard pigeons landing in the decoys, so after that I said never again.

Update. The USB cable that came with is faulty. It charges ok via a phone charger. I found the right option in the menu and have flipped the image over. I can remove the sd card to get the files.

I have brought it into movie maker and there is a background "electronic" noise.

I think I will make a clip with the little footage that I have and ask for your opinions. Thanks for the replies.

Daystate - I will try to figure out how to post a pic. I have done it before but have forgotten!