Miroku High Pheasant MK60 v Miroku Universal

OJW

Hi,

Does anyone know the difference between the Miroku High Pheasant MK60 (32") and the Universal MK60 (32")?

I prefer the engraving on the universal and some universals on gun trader are also called "universal high pheasant" so bit confused as to the difference between the two (other than engraving).

Anyone have one of these or know the difference?

Link to listings of both on guntrader - https://www.guntrader.uk/Guns-For-Sale/results?sortField=price&sortOrder=down&page=4

Thanks

They are also very heavily choked at 3/4 full. Perhaps if a game gun they are also assuming long targets and thus thinking High Pheasy.

Yea, I would be using it purely for game and am happy with the choking as I either want to hit them properly or miss them properly!

Hi

I own a High Pheasant - fantastic gun!

The standard MK60 (universal) is only available up to 30" barrels and can be had in grade 1,3 and 5 with 1/4 and 3/4 choke. The HP is 32" and fixed 3/4 and Full choke - the stock dimensions are slightly different and it shoots marginally higher than the standard gun, although not as high as say a MK38 trap. It comes in grade 5 only. It is available as a single gun although the majority advertised are sold as matched pairs.

In my opinion it offers very good value for money in both single gun and pair. It shoots and handles superbly with light for length barrels. It is not going to be everyones cup of tea because of the barrel length and tight choking, but I have used it for everything over the past year and really cannot fault it.

Mark

Hi

The standard MK60 (universal) is only available up to 30" barrels and can be had in grade 1,3 and 5 with 1/4 and 3/4 choke. The HP is 32" and fixed 3/4 and Full choke - the stock dimensions are slightly different and it shoots marginally higher than the standard gun, although not as high as say a MK38 trap. It comes in grade 5 only. It is available as a single gun although the majority advertised are sold as matched pairs.

In my opinion it offers very good value for money in both single gun and pair. It shoots and handles superbly with light for length barrels. It is not going to be everyones cup of tea because of the barrel length and tight choking, but I have used it for everything over the past year and really cannot fault it.

Mark

Thanks, thats very very useful. I want the barrel length and choking.

Can you tell me why there is such variance in the price of a new High Pheasant? I've seen them advertised new for anywhere between £2450 and £2690. Is it just down to some gunsmiths being greedy?

Hi

Mark

Think you'll find there are now only a limited run of the HP each year and they are all pairs. Or at least that's what BWM told me last month!