Test clip of SJ4000 - On a small island on Lough Neagh

Big Al

There is only one shot taken in this clip. It is really a test of the new SJ4000 headcam.

I have had a bit of trouble with it (as outlined in another thread) and was keen to make up a clip which compared the SJ4000 with my normal chilli cam.

I think the colours and low light capability of the SJ4000 are better. The sound is muffled in the waterproof box, but that is inevitable.

The last part of the clip was filmed with the chilli cam. If nothing else it will give you a look around another spot I shoot.

Edited by Big Al

Enjoyed that, good footage as well. I've only used a GoPro and find that it is not without faults.

Thanks OJW. This was really just an experiment but the more I look at it, the colour quality and low light qualities should make it good for my purpose.

Hopefully I will get some more shooting on my next trip to give it a better test. Hopefully I won't have to shoot through bushes either!

Maybe it is just me' But I think the Chilli Cam footage is Clearer.

Had the Gopro out on a Wet windy night awhile back and apart from Switching it on when I was actually switching it off and missed recording a right and left at Greylags I found the footage pretty poor due to water on the lense.

Nice gadwall there also.

Maybe it is just me' But I think the Chilli Cam footage is Clearer.

Had the Gopro out on a Wet windy night awhile back and apart from Switching it on when I was actually switching it off and missed recording a right and left at Greylags I found the footage pretty poor due to water on the lense.

Nice gadwall there also.

I see where you are coming from. I think the jury is still out - I need to play with it a bit more!

It's a real shame you didn't record the right and left. At least you can use the go pro (and sj4000) in the wet. No waterproof case for the chilli.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Big Al

I know what you mean regarding the muffled sound in the 4000. Compared to the 1000, it is much quieter. However, my camera came with another door for the housing which has slots in it, but this means it isn't waterproof, but I'll prob use it on good summers days at the pigeons.

I know what you mean regarding the muffled sound in the 4000. Compared to the 1000, it is much quieter. However, my camera came with another door for the housing which has slots in it, but this means it isn't waterproof, but I'll prob use it on good summers days at the pigeons.

Thanks Ollie. I saw the second door it the packet and assumed that it was a replacement for the one already on. I will look at it later. That could be the answer!