Landie 90 - Desired model + Gun fit in rear?

jbk

Ive got the 2.2 TDCI 90 and have no issues with it at all. Electrics are fine and not caused me any issues. It will do 90mph too (not on a public road of course though) ;)

My 28" barrelled browning just fits in lengthways in its slip. You would deffo have to put a 30" on an angle.

You have a Defender for the 21st century :lol: the rest of us have to put up with one step up from Isambard Kingdom Brunel...but i wouldn't swap her for the worldl!

Building something like this would be great. As it is fairly expensive...

http://www.masai4x4.com/defender/sporting-box-rear-storage-drawers-defender/[/quote

I have one of these in mine - it's very good. Have a carpeted plywood floor over the top to finish it off

Nice SNS, looks like a smart set up. It looks nice and deep I see, from their site pre'07=220mm, post'07=185mm deep on those Masai boxes. I guess you use it to fill up with all sorts of stuff and put your gun in there in slip? I've got the idea in my head of having some kind of nice foam bed with cut outs to fit in 3 or 4 guns in the draw. But as smart as that sounds, you'd have to put your gun slips somewhere and it kind of gives the game away if you then have gun slips lying on the floor for all to see!! Perhaps I could rig up some sort of netting tight to the roof to be able to slide slips and sticks etc in there. Hmmm.

Better buy an actual vehicle first though instead of fantasising about it all!

I think i've decided that I'd like a 06, pre puma, hard top, county td5. Should any of you know of any nice'ns up for sale do let me know.

Edited by jbk

Don't know how you blokes always have everything on view. There is so much junk in my truck that you could hide a regiments armoury without a problem.

I have a plywood floor that spans the wheel arches. This is in two parts so that I can leave the front part in for the dog to sit on. She can then see out of the front window from there and prefers it. That means I can stand up to shoot out of the roof hatch and makes it easier for her to get in and out. If I have the full floor fitted then two bread trays, Hovis of course, slide underneath easily and I can sit on my ironing seat, honest, and am the right height for the hatch. With both trays fully forward there is a useful space to the rear. Ammo and other valuables go down there. My long guns just rest on the centre partition with a coat thrown over them or lay under the full floor with the trays removed to the top floor. Simples...