Making a DIY NV setup

brian1975

Hi good people on here like the title says I'm after making my own setup and I'm a little hesitent on what equipment I need I've got some saved in my ebay watch list and I was wondering if they would be any good before I buy them Thank you in advance Brian.

$_103.JPG?set_id=880000500F$_103.JPG?set_id=880000500F$_103.JPG?set_id=8800005007$_103.JPG?set_id=8800005007$_103.JPG?set_id=880000500F$_103.JPG?set_id=880000500FHope this works and you's can get the Idea I was trying to do Thanks again brian

Is it possible to take this approach to NV for use with a shotgun? If so, does anyone have a parts list and wiring diagram etc so I can give it a go. Thank you.

surely that'll defeat the point of having infra red night vision won't it :lol:

attaching my home made unit to a rimfire, I could removed numerous rabbits all sitting in close proximity to each other no problem

fix same unit on my shotgun and ...........BANG

one rabbit, the rest have run

just stick a red torch on your barrel

surely that'll defeat the point of having infra red night vision won't it :lol:

attaching my home made unit to a rimfire, I could removed numerous rabbits all sitting in close proximity to each other no problem

fix same unit on my shotgun and ...........BANG

one rabbit, the rest have run

just stick a red torch on your barrel

Agree we took 17 out in one field in about 4/5 minutes.I couldn't load the 5 shot mag quick enough.

It may help if I explained the circumstances behind the request.

Firstly I do not hold a FAC only a SGC - 20 bores: and, an AAs410 for which I am having an NV add on camera rig being made as we speak. This particular arables farm is problematic not only for a couple of footpaths but also private Toll rides (Not bridal paths) where horse riders pay to ride during the day. At night, despite signs saying private land - no trespassing, numpties from nearby village walk their dogs on the toll rides without having a torch or wearing a yellow tabard.

Currently I use a laser designator strapped to the under barrel with bisley mounts but if I sweep the farm and pick up a numpty they get awfully jittery!! So, I was looking at the idea of an NV add on type arrangements to both sweep the farm without being seen and to pick out the rabbits. Hence the Q.

Any further thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks

It may help if I explained the circumstances behind the request.

Firstly I do not hold a FAC only a SGC - 20 bores: and, an AAs410 for which I am having an NV add on camera rig being made as we speak. This particular arables farm is problematic not only for a couple of footpaths but also private Toll rides (Not bridal paths) where horse riders pay to ride during the day. At night, despite signs saying private land - no trespassing, numpties from nearby village walk their dogs on the toll rides without having a torch or wearing a yellow tabard.

Currently I use a laser designator strapped to the under barrel with bisley mounts but if I sweep the farm and pick up a numpty they get awfully jittery!! So, I was looking at the idea of an NV add on type arrangements to both sweep the farm without being seen and to pick out the rabbits. Hence the Q.

Any further thoughts would be welcomed. Thanks

What you want is a hand held spotter mate,you don't want to be sweeping a barrel in the direction of anybody.Even if the gun was empty,if they phone plod then you'd be hard pushed to prove there was nothing in the barrel.

E700 cam mate and cut out all the cables connectors as not needed.Keep it simple ditch the blue battery & get a project box with 2x rechargeable batteries. You should be able to knock one up for sub £100.Dont skimp on the camera.

Hi Davyo av just had a look at a E700 camera and theres 3 sizes to choose from 12mm 16mm and 3.6mm also IR filter removed or kept thanks for advice

E700 cam mate and cut out all the cables connectors as not needed.Keep it simple ditch the blue battery & get a project box with 2x rechargeable batteries. You should be able to knock one up for sub £100.Dont skimp on the camera.

Thats the kind of thing am looking for Davyo summit you can put onto and take off the scope also it looks good and compact

What you want is a hand held spotter mate,you don't want to be sweeping a barrel in the direction of anybody.Even if the gun was empty,if they phone plod then you'd be hard pushed to prove there was nothing in the barrel.

Yup. Exactly the problem. Will explore that possibility. Any recommendations? Thanks.