Upgrade 682 to 692 ?

InTheSticks

The build quality seems to be okay now and by all accounts GMK have got the message too so I'd say it's all down to whether you think it's an upgrade. Having tried a couple I prefer the handling dynamics of the 692s which feel smoother to me, but rather spoiled by the triggers which seemed unnecessarily heavy - but then I'm used to light triggers.

682 all day . Lot of my shooting buddys have HAD the 692s but not for long . I shot a 682 for yrs . A much much better handling gun and better built .

Find one and try it for gods sake before you do the deal .

Atb

i am getting the impression that albeit the later 692s maybe ok the majority aren't, thanks for the info guys

When I bought the 692 I also tried a Browning Ultra XS Titanium which would have been the better buy except it had 30" barrels rather than 32". My Guerini Maxum is, however, better than both.

When I bought the 692 I also tried a Browning Ultra XS Titanium which would have been the better buy except it had 30" barrels rather than 32". My Guerini Maxum is, however, better than both.

Its what I did in the end, got rid of all my Beretta's and bought a Guerini with adjustable stock and rib, also have a browning 525 adjustable stock version which is lighter than the CG as done my back in.

I have had the 682 Gold E and found it was a great gun but I moved home about 7 years ago and never shot clays for 2 years. I stupidly sold the gun on thinking my clay days were over. I have since joined a clay club and have bought a 692 about 2 years ago. It is above the 5000 ser number (as stated above) and I have to say I shoot reasonably well with it and have never had a single problem. That being said, had I kept on shooting clays without a break I would still be using my 682. If you shoot well and it is problem free I would stick with what you have got, why change and no doubt lose out on some money when you don't need to?

What ever you do decide have fun and enjoy :good: .

upgrade!! the 692 has to be something really special to better the 682, i got the 682 super sporter it suits me very well its what suits you not the number on the side of the gun. in my opinion a shot gun is not a fashion accessory its how it does its job clays ducks pigeons.

This isnt specifically aimed at anyone but there are a lot out there with all the gear and no idea i know someone who has an eell 7k also two other Berrettas a total of 16k tied up in guns and he's an average shooter.

Take your time marry in haste repent at your leisure or in this case the clay ground