choke for steel shot

i have a browning 20 gauge with invector chokes, now in the instruction manual it would appear that i can use the 3/4 choke for steel but looking at the chokes they are all engraved with steel and lead shot info, all that is except for the 3/4 {2 notches} which is only engraved with lead info. in the past i have been told no more than 1/2 choke can be used with steel. so can i use 3/4 or not for steel?. by the way the cartridges are Kent Gamebore 24g 5 shot

i have a browning 20 gauge with invector chokes, now in the instruction manual it would appear that i can use the 3/4 choke for steel but looking at the chokes they are all engraved with steel and lead shot info, all that is except for the 3/4 {2 notches} which is only engraved with lead info. in the past i have been told no more than 1/2 choke can be used with steel. so can i use 3/4 or not for steel?. by the way the cartridges are Kent Gamebore 24g 5 shot

My advice would be buy some Carlson extended Chokes.

I use them in my 20ga they OK with Steel up BB that's with

1/2-3/4 and Full.

Last season I messed around with home load BBB Steel and shot some very good Geese but my normal shot size ( Geese) is Steel 2 an 3 shot and occasionally B

I would use full choke with such small shot.

Pattern it and see, or use half choke or less if you're going on theory rather than evidence.

Plenty of pellets (c. 270) in 24g of steel #5's - you won't gain anything from a full choke over something more moderate since the pattern will fail long after the pellet energy does.

If it were me, I'd stick the one with 4 notches (probably marked ¼ or IC for lead and ½ or M for steel) and keep the ranges reasonable.