EU firearms licensing directive

shootgun

yep the perfect solution slap a ban on anything nasty looking and it all goes away,,group hugs and pats on the back then home for tea and medals.

whats all the carp about deacts ,let face it if you have the machinery and skills to reactivate the thing you could make a new one from scratch.

what a joke

Edited by Remimax

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the EU meeting, the thing that sticks in my mind is the obvious anti attitude of the guy presenting the proposals and how frustrated he seemed when he briefly, and bluntly, attempted to respond to perfectly valid and well reasoned arguments and questions. To me he came across as yet another odious and ignorant bureaucrat with an axe to grind who lacks the ability, or the will, to accept or even comprehend others points of view. Sadly, none of this surprises me in the slightest.

Having said that I was impressed with those voiced concern, sought clarification or outright disagreed with him and particularly the chap who suggested the commission shouldn't "throw the baby out with the bath water".

Edited by MartynGT4

Sadly few if any of the MEP,s have any expertise or technical understanding of firearms or the sporting, hunting, target shooting requirements or uses so the likly outcome is that they will vote like political correct sheep and not in my back yard for yet another ban.

This stupid belief that terrorist need to source their weapons by accuiring a licence or converting one is just mad when they have resources to buy them from the black market probably by the boat load.

The shooting organisations across the EU need to shout loud and clear no more bans.

But a lot of us have been through this before and sadly lost.

David,

Feedback done as for being "respectful in tone" when has that ever one us a victory? they are showing us no respect.

All shooting organisation across the EU need to stop pussy footing about and all this political correct stuff they should tell it how it is

Just like the American NRA would.

They failed to keep their citizens safe and now look to put the blame elsewhere.

Done, with my own version supporting all shooters.

The gloves should now be off, being nice lost us almost everything in this country. This is is a real threat to shooting even though we seem to have support of UK MEPs. Every UK shooter should be lobbying their MEPs and putting in feedback.

Edited by Livefast123

I understand what you are saying but the USA is very different a they have the right a carry arms within their Constitution, so the NRA can lobby on Constitutional Rights. We don't have that.

My guidance would be that when dealing with MP's or MEP's then being respectful in tone is the best way. Be blunt and to the point or course, but not overly aggressive.

More guidance on contacting MP's here, much of which is equally relevant when contacting your MEP - http://basc.org.uk/political-affairs/lobby-your-mp/ but more specific information on contacting your MEP on this issue will be published by BASC once the Commission has provided the final draft of the proposal

David

Only a short while ago he was a hero of the shooting public because he put a block on a large licence fee rise and went out pigeon shooting. Now he is after your guns.rifles I reckon will all be gone within five years and shotguns within ten.call me dave I have a few other names that may be more appropriate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35086934

what is considered as being a 'high powered semi auto' ?? certainly (presumably!!) not a shotgun or a r/f ?!?!?!?!

are c/f semi autos still legal in parts of euro land ?

They sure are.

Here in France using my normal Licence ( obtained with nothing more than sending the correct paperwork off) and I can walk into a shop and purchase any calibre semi-auto restricted to 3 shots.

Think Browning BAR etc

For others such as pistols and AR /AK semis it more paperwork / licensing but still available- access to dealers 'toy rooms' is like going back to the UK in the early 80's or reading Guns Review

Same goes for friends in Germany, Belgium and Swiss- can't say for others but I believe so......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35086934

what is considered as being a 'high powered semi auto' ?? certainly (presumably!!) not a shotgun or a r/f ?!?!?!?!

are c/f semi autos still legal in parts of euro land ?

They sure are.

Here in France using my normal Licence ( obtained with nothing more than sending the correct paperwork off) and I can walk into a shop and purchase any calibre semi-auto restricted to 3 shots.

Think Browning BAR etc

For others such as pistols and AR /AK semis it more paperwork / licensing but still available- access to dealers 'toy rooms' is like going back to the UK in the early 80's or reading Guns Review

Same goes for friends in Germany, Belgium and Swiss- can't say for others but I believe so......

blimey - shows how tight things are here already !!!!

Think Browning BAR etc

:yes: Good for you. Long may it continue.

Remember the good days when you went to the Post Office and got a ten bob shotgun licence, I do, and we did'nt have the hassle and problems we have today.

You bought a gun and used it safely an sensibly.

Oh for those magic days again! :no: :no: :no: :no:

I just love the way 'high powered' is used all the time.

When ever I talk to people when I shoot in the UK the usual response to my 300win mag is "phew, that's a powerful gun", well Sir, I do believe it's the cartridge and not the 'gun' that's powerful, plus I'm sure the guy next to me with his 6.5 or .308 must be feeling really inadequate with his 'weak' little gun- I wouldn't like to be hit with a sub 12ft/lbs air gun so really anything is powerful if used incorrectly.

It is as always the user and not the tool ( or should that be the tool using it) that's the problem.

Although as I have stated I can walk into any shop and purchase a rifle or shotgun without needing it as a 'Variation' I do have to renew my licence every year which also entail a visit to my Doctor where he asks the same old question. "Are you mad? Do you have any Psychological problems- oh yes, you fly planes so you must be" ( every year without fail he says this line) thereafter he stamps up my licence.

So in all, it cost me around €100 plus Club membership ( not obligatory) - makes the UK FAC/SGC seem good value huh?