So near, yet so far!

Dr D

Didnt get out this morning till 11am. However I did have good idea where to go. I set up with 12 shells and after 5 mins added the whirly. It started to pick up at about 12 and in the extremely strong wind it took lots of patience. The birds that came from behind were so fast that it seemed as if they couldn't even be bothered turning to come back for a look. But my darts were pretty straight today and as it headed towards 2pm I knew the bag was building nicely. Imagine my disappointment at 2.30 when I packed up. Four short of a ton. If I had of been earlier or stayed on. But family duties called. Still it was a great 3 and half hours. The gun was hot. Not often that happens. 96 picked, but I reckon I killed over 100. Had to take the photo in garage because I needed to get home.

post-2557-0-31326700-1448742744_thumb.jpg

Cheers. Most fun I have had in years. Almost every shot was memorable. I am pretty sure these were migrants. Not on the typical lines. Another week or so and they will probably disappear off for some sangria.

Well you made the most of them if they were passing through.

Excellent bag there dr d, down my way there is a huge amount of birds about, its great to see and the shootings second to none if you can get onto a flight line of birds, I had 25 yesterday for 83 shots not the best going but in that wind yesterday it was as you say memorable