Canada goose

krowe79

• 2 weeks later...

What's your recipe for burgers, is it 100% goose or is it a combination of meat.

Combo matey! I rarely use 1 meat unless it's basic pork sausages, or venison, even with Venison I will add lamb fat to keep it moist!

For pigeon and goose 50/50 pork and pigeon or goose!

For rabbit I go 70/30 pork and rabbit!

Edited by Lord Geordie

Thanx for the replies i was offered a goose last year and turned it down, if I get the chance of another one I think I'll have a crack at making some burgers.

If you can do a decent job plucking it, leave it whole! Cook if slowly for about 4-5 hours if possible and in the last hour mix 2 tablespoons of marmalade to a tablespoon of canberry jelly and pop in a microwave for about a minute to make it runny and brush quite liberally over the breast! return to cook a further hour,

If you can't pluck and just breast it, try and keep it on the bone as a crown is possible, If not and simply the breast fillets then adjust your cooking time and cook in foil.

Edited by Lord Geordie

If you can do a decent job plucking it, leave it whole! Cook if slowly for about 4-5 hours if possible and in the last hour mix 2 tablespoons of marmalade to a tablespoon of canberry jelly and pop in a microwave for about a minute to make it runny and brush quite liberally over the breast! return to cook a further hour,

If you can't pluck and just breast it, try and keep it on the bone as a crown is possible, If not and simply the breast fillets then adjust your cooking time and cook in foil.

When I've finished plucking it the bird usually looks like the collie on the specsavers advert.

Trick to make plucking easier is to scald the bird in hot water for 10-20 seconds before plucking! Makes plucking big birds like turkey and goose easier! I was meaning to make a plucker but never got around to it! The pheasant I just done was just straight out of the shed and plucked ready for the freezer!