Very versatile spotters with a choice of integrated illuminators.

Dave-G

Here is one of my new versatile spotters with 5" HD monitors and genuine KPC E700 low light cameras. It can be ordered with a T30 AS IR led - or with a Black Sun T50 IR installed in it.

Because the superior camera can sometimes be used in a spotter without an illuminator there are two separate circuits, each with its own latching switch that have a momentary action if needed. The upper switch powers only the cam and monitor. The lower switch is for the illuminator and works just like the tail switch of the torch: Half press to change the power level and full press to lock on. Both switches have a visual reference - if the IR button is 'in' you left it on. The single IR battery lasts the same as an AS led in a single cell 'T' torch. Both switches can of course be turned on at the same time with two fingers.

Switch%20in_zpsuroodndy.jpg

The entire single cell torch body is used and if you are ever unfortunate enough to run over the spotter it can be removed and used with the tail cap that is supplied with it... assuming you are strong enough to defeat the Loctite retainer. :angel:

It will be supplied as default with a 50mm lens that is ideal for bunny and fox - at the expense of being too zoomed in for close range air rifle rabbit and ratting ETC. A 25mm alternative lens can be supplied if specified but I would recommend you just buy one from ebay for usually under £20 if you prefer a wide angle view so you can optimise for each role.

The machined handle is chunkier than my older one's to better fill the hand and has a smaller section to wrap a finger round so it requires less grip to retain it. It has a twist grip action that tensions a steel band around the torch body to allow a degree of articulation to account for bonnet drops etc: Unscrew it to slacken its tension, rotate the unit as required then lightly screw it up - it only needs nipping up gently.

It comes with a FREE gift: There is an M6 threaded insert in the base of the handle that allows a FREE powerful rubberised magnet to be screwed into it-time will tell if they work out. The handle is very close to the units balance point. If the M6 thread/magnet idea doesn't work out for any reason I reserve the right to remove this aspect, and they have not been charged for. Fitting the insert has however gone better than I anticipated and it seems very solid:

Handle%20insert_zpsibiniqml.jpg

I know some shooters like to get on it like a car bonnet, but perhaps not to this extreme. :innocent:

DSCF5381_zpswokyyzmj.jpg

Or maybe use a metal post or building:

On%20a%20post_zps53qgcp9b.jpg

Or a farm gate you happen to be hiding behind or resting on:

DSCF5424_zpsamct8lke.jpg

The monitor can be shifted a few inches away from the unit - or much further away, perhaps inside the truck using 1 meter extension cable(s) at £5 each if ordered with the spotter. The very powerful rubber based magnet can be unscrewed from the base of the handle.

Two illuminator options are available, A T38 that is suitable for most of us - or a Black Sun T50 for improved bragging rights. :P

DSCF5407_zps96u2bryx.jpg

Buyer supplies the 3 flat top 18650's needed to operate it, I generally use 'free' one's rescued from duff laptop batteries.

A block cable connector has been used for the final part of the IR LED circuit so it is easily removed by the user in case it fails or a new LED spec becomes available rather than send it back to me for repair. It is inserted into the torch body and can be fetched out with a hook or fine nose pliers etc. :

Inside%20view_zpsdlotffne.jpg

This is how you open the box to fit or replace the batteries:

A small video:

Price is £250 collected or £260 posted RMSD to UK postcodes for a T38 AS IR equipped model.

Price is £270 collected or £280 posted RMSD to UK postcodes for a Black Sun T50 AS IR model.

Edited by Dave-G

NV spotters are generally wide angle enough to show something is out there (at distance) and let you determine what it might be by its movement prior to finalising with the rifle scope. If its accurate detail you are seeking then about 200 yards sees the clear detail dropping off. Eyeshine to maybe 400+. Both variable due to moisture/dust/background, size of quarry etc.

Zoom lenses are generally poorer quality unless you use very expensive one's - which are much heavier and bulkier. I can supply one with a 75mm prime quality lens that would have originally cost over £300 for an additional £100 but it will have a narrow field of view which is generally not a good idea for a spotter unless you are monitoring a bait station.

If lamping is what you do this offers a much more covert solution allowing you to not use your gun lamp till the right opportunity presents itself - like this for example:

Edited by Dave-G