ayano3

Not sure if this photo will work but i have just bought a new second hand Miroku and I have had different ideas on the model. Its got a wide rib and 28 inch barrels. Fixed choke and grade 5. The serial number has no letters. Its 2 3/4 chambers with a beavertail forend. Whats your idea? Thanks

post-2844-0-90909600-1449232689_thumb.jpg

post-2844-0-20086800-1449232711_thumb.jpg

post-2844-0-65157200-1449232730_thumb.jpg

Edited by ayano3

Well after your assistance i have a good idea its a miroku 800 hsw trap.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=miroku+800+hsw+trap&client=tablet-android-samsung&hl=en-GB&biw=600&bih=352&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjPieG48MLJAhXD8RQKHUi8BvcQ_AUIBygC#imgrc=0WVm1LRxoiCg4M%3A

its the same as the gun in the link. I wasnt sure of the model but I knew it was a grade 5. Its getting on a bit but in very good condition. I borrowed it and used it on Wednesday on a game shoot and shot very well and it fits me perfect. So I took it back today and knew I was more than happy to add this gun to cabinet. The wood has one or two small marks but thats to be expected and if it had been unmarked I would have been more concerned. Thanks for your help,

Does anyone else use one of these ? It seems a quality gun to me. Never owned a ou before but used a semi auto and found using my sbs hard to shoot with now im used to looking down one barrel. The quality of the workmanship and the gun fit had me sold on it.

Yes I have one although it`s not in as good nick as yours. Mine isn`t a trap gun though it`s a sporter 1/4 and 1/2 and only has 26" barrels.

It was the first gun I bought and it served me pretty well despite not really being that great a fit. Don`t really use it now but still a very nice gun.

I have a black action 800 that was bought new by a farmer many moons ago and was left into a local RFD to be sold as the poor chap was terminally ill...a few boxes of the original cartridges were returned with it. I've barely put another 500 shells through it....lovely wee gun and built like a tank. It's 26" skeet/skeet...for all I'd get for it, I just know I'd buy nothing as good.

surely the smith would know what model it was?

the owner loaned me the gun on Wednesday and I took it back today snd bought it at the agreed price. Unfortunately the owner was not there today as he was away shooting in norfolk so I didnt grt to ssk him any of the finer details. Im shooting tomorrow but will try and get hold of him to find out. I though I would ask opinions here in the mean time.