barrel blacking/blueing

rayhallam

Hi Dougall

Yes, had to take 4 dents out and the repair to the top rib before striking off, polishing & re-blacking. Thank you for getting in touch, will pm details over to you. All the best.

PS. Bromley is my surname, not where we are based. We are in Ashford, Kent.

Dan

BB,

Ok,well I'm off this afternoon,the sun is shining I could be with you in 1 hour 20 minutes......

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone just received my Greener sxs barrels from Bromley and son after re-blacking and Dan's done a superb job. From start to finish he's been helpful, informative and true to his word and at a truly exceptional price.I recommend him to anyone

WELL DONE DAN

Ray

well Ray on your recommendation he has 2 sets of my barrels to play with....my lawyers may be in touch with you in the new year!!!...although on the basis of his work for you and having met him I don't think you need lose much sleep.....thanks for the heads up.

I shall let you all know an honest opinion of the work once I have my barrels returned.which by the way includes carpet wrapping and parcel force courier which is included in the price quoted above! The low price was the only thing that almost put me off!!..... but if you consider the following;

1.It is done in a dedicated barn on the family farm(so no big overhead)

2.They have 25-30 sets of barrels at anyone time

3.They do the work for what I would say are the best most established gun shops around here..who send their best customers best guns here

4.It is a father & son operation who have done it for 40 years

Then it kind of makes sense...........

anyway BB if you read this (why you should be working on my barrels!!!) ....no pressure!......

just opened the package of the return of 2 sets of barrels,1 a compete re-black,1 a messed up dented top rib/metal missing...........well the jobs are both quite outstanding,done within 10 days at this time of year,a pair of 1908 barrels looking like new and a brilliant tidy up on a modern browning.

A top man to deal with and a fantastic job....If I was'nt such a luddite i would post pictures etc..but I am a tech dinosaur.......but I have had lots of work done over the last 30 years of messing with guns and this work is as good as any and to be frank at 1980s prices!!........a massive tahnk you to Ray for the heads up and to Dan for his service and work....I am stunned. Happy Xmas to all.