Opportunities in North East (County Durham) area

Its a close circle down here mate, no one gives anything away at all. Its a selective circle.

I've been trying always for years but never ever had any luck.

Suppose you have to be in with the right crowd and I just cant it unfortunately

No, but you'll need a full tank of fuel to get there.

Many people find beating as a way to open doors, have you tried speaking to shoots near you.

cast ya net wider plus some times you have to put your hand in your pocket .Its late in the season to join beating teams not many beaters drop out this time of year cos they are looking forward to the beaters day on the shoot they beat for. A bit of a negative response but if you want to get contacts thru beating you got to get in at the start of the season make yourself available for mid week shoots that's when keepers struggle to put at beating team together or join a D.I.Y. syndicate even as a half gun you will make friends with others who may get you into more shooting opportunities.A.T.B.

Fair point Scutt mate and I have stated that I don't mind traveling at times but all the lads/posts I've seen for people to shoot with all seems to be down south.

On another hand I only heard about this forum and another forum yesterday so haven't exactly had time to get my feet under the table as much as others and make 'friends' as of yet.

I'm not one for trying to steal peoples perms or anything like that, I'm just a young lad trying to get back into the swing of things and gain experience and help out where I can.

as for mid week shoots etc im in the same boat as many others I work mon-fri and most sundays as a nine day fortnight so I only really have a Saturday and a random day every fortnight to persue my hobby.

Stu!

The offered section had a offer on a while back for a shoot in south east Northumberland! Or if a gun place comes up near you! Contact them and ask if they want a beater! Just a polite PM offering your services! Its a good day out and beaters often get a keepers day near the end of the season!