What would you have done?

JDog

Nice one JDog I trust you made as good a job of it as you did here. :yes:

Whether ten out of twenty three is 'a good job' I couldn't possibly say. They were very testing birds but there will be some on this forum who would have shot twenty five with the same number of shots.

I'd have done the same. And did so yesterday when shooting with clients. As did most of the other guns as far as I could see. Which probably contributed greatly to our 1299 shot count, and to much laughter from our host, as clearly we missed most of them

Nothing wrong with finding your own sport, provided the first game bird had been over I would go for them if they are more sporting and not forbidden. In my experience any pigeon added to the bag are normally viewed as a bonus rather than being there in place of a game bird.

Edited by OJW

As long as they weren't counting as part of the bag then of course I'd have shot at them, I love shooting flighting pigeons!

If I paid for driven pheasant shooting and had only shot those pigeons with little else I'd have felt short changed though as I get to shoot pigeons but don't often get the chance at pheasants (but that obviously wasn't the case so doesn't apply to you)!

The best flush of the day always seems to happen when I've fired off at a stupid long bird through frustration or pigeon and end up fumbling to reload!