First time shooting the MILs pond.

sako751sg

Cheers folks for all comments.

Nice report and some excellent photos.

Strange to see your bales still on the stubble with a dusting of snow . down here I have only used my de icer once this late Autumn as you cant really call it Winter yet with the forecast into double figures later this week .

I have seen most of the birds but I have never seen a Dipper , a lovely bird and a superb photo.

Lastly , I have been admiring the walking stick , truly a work of art . Thanks for sharing

Dont know why but some farmers have a habit of leaving the bales out till soaking and then decide to take them in.

We have had the odd drop of snow and last week was baltic cold with frosts but think its supposed to be 14 degrees here to morrow.

Excellent read once again and well done Mac with his woodcock.

Cheers fella.Was fair chuffed too.

A Nice Report and some Fine photos. Well Done your lad shooting his first 'Cock'..He will always remember that one.!
The stick with the "Broon troot" handle looks fantastic. I aint being smart as where i am located has always had a lot of Scotch connections and the lingo is still often heard and used.

The lingo we use too fella,most of the time anyway.Stick is a work of art imo.

Really great pics Sako, is that the pond you showed us the building of a year or so back?

I love the picture of the dogs on the bale with the gun and fesants

Cheers.

Aye,same pond but looks a bit different from the original pics.Plenty birds coming and the troot doing fine.

013_zps47ab0746.jpg

012_zps1f14ea8b.jpg

Well done Dave, can't believe the size of the 'wee' lad now. Glad the young dog is coming good, it's always very daunting knowing that you will have to replace a good dog.

Cheers Ollie.

He has fair sprouted right enough so have to watch my lip with him now,lol.

Very daunting but no real worries with the young dog really and has probably learned a lot from Rab.

Hows the woodcock with you so far?Seeing a good amount first and last thing of the day so looks to be good numbers about but my bits are better with a touch frost and harder weather.

Cheers Ollie.

He has fair sprouted right enough so have to watch my lip with him now,lol.

Very daunting but no real worries with the young dog really and has probably learned a lot from Rab.

Hows the woodcock with you so far?Seeing a good amount first and last thing of the day so looks to be good numbers about but my bits are better with a touch frost and harder weather.

I replied on the video thread.

It's scary how quick they grow up, my wee man is 16 months now & already being a menace.

Happy christmas to you & yours.