Where are you shooting over Christmas

Will Poon

Depends if you want to shoot practice or competition Will? Only competition I am aware of locally on Boxing Day (26th) is a 50 birder at Prospect Target Club, Rixton, Warrington (see their FB page for details) HG is 1000 cartridges!

Sunday 27th has plenty of competitions on, Catton is obviously the closest but further on South down the M6 is Kingsley Moor, Kegworth and Grange Farm. I've no doubt some of the more local non-registered shoots have got competitions on but I'm not aware of which ones.

Mr Potter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when does Christmas start - for me 17th December so:

17th December at Owls Lodge - 100 reg ESP

18th December at Atkin Grant and Lang - 100 reg ESP

19th December A C Sporting Targets - hours of fun practising different disciplines probably 500 assorted targets

20th December - 2 registered shoots yet to be decided

21st/22nd December maybe go to West London Shooting School and do a couple of 100 ESP practise

23rd December - A C Sporting Targets - practise different disciplines again

24th December - South Wales 2000 spend the day having fun trap, skeet and maybe sporting

26th December - Longridge - 100 ESP

27th December - South Wales 2000 - A/R 100 and then just fun for the rest of the day on different trap disciplines

28th December - find something somewhere hopefully

29th December - Westfield for 120 ESP, extreme pool shoot and sport trap pool shoot

30th December - find something if not A C Sporting Targets for a day of fun

31st December - find something

1st January - most likely Southdown for ESP and Sportrap Reg shoots

2nd January - A C Sporting targets for a day of fun practise

3rd January - two registered shoots

4th January back to work.

That's more shooting than I have done all year I am very jell.

Good luck with the comps.

That's more shooting than I have done all year I am very jell.

Good luck with the comps.

Thank you. I've got to an age where it's nearly all about me now. Raised the child she's at Uni, still expense but not like school fees were! So that's what I like to spend my hard earned on and the old man of course. Just started my fourth year now and love it. Wish I started back when he did 20 odd years ago but I'm trying to make up for it. He reckons I've shot around 90,000 and he says he's being conservative. The last year or so I try to shoot between Saturday at my club and on average I'll shoot 300/400 and two shoots on Sunday and of course there are the midweek registered shoots that I'm getting quite fond of.

Thank you. I've got to an age where it's nearly all about me now. Raised the child she's at Uni, still expense but not like school fees were! So that's what I like to spend my hard earned on and the old man of course. Just started my fourth year now and love it. Wish I started back when he did 20 odd years ago but I'm trying to make up for it. He reckons I've shot around 90,000 and he says he's being conservative. The last year or so I try to shoot between Saturday at my club and on average I'll shoot 300/400 and two shoots on Sunday and of course there are the midweek registered shoots that I'm getting quite fond of.

Ididn't start shooting till I was about 45 but boy once it got me I was just like you. I used to just play around at a couple of small shoots and then stumbled upon a shooting mag which opened a whole new world for me.I started off going further afield untill I was like you doing 1000 clays every week, then realised I needed assistance so I had some lessons with Carl Bloxham who improved my shooting incredably. I then started really watching all the top shots as I was on the circuit. and realised that I could be competative as well,I have made dozens of good pals in shooting and managed to shoot at quite a decent level, but age has limitations , I now have a cataract starting on my dominant eye and it is really frustrating me but it wont stop me enjoying my shooting. In two weeks time I have to have open surgery to remove my gall bladder and will next winter get this blasted eye sorted and then hopefully I will get a little bit of my competitive spirit back again. . You are only young by comparrison and will do well because you already love the sport.Keep it up girl and I'm sure you will start to get on the teams. from Auntie.

Ididn't start shooting till I was about 45 but boy once it got me I was just like you. I used to just play around at a couple of small shoots and then stumbled upon a shooting mag which opened a whole new world for me.I started off going further afield untill I was like you doing 1000 clays every week, then realised I needed assistance so I had some lessons with Carl Bloxham who improved my shooting incredably. I then started really watching all the top shots as I was on the circuit. and realised that I could be competative as well,I have made dozens of good pals in shooting and managed to shoot at quite a decent level, but age has limitations , I now have a cataract starting on my dominant eye and it is really frustrating me but it wont stop me enjoying my shooting. In two weeks time I have to have open surgery to remove my gall bladder and will next winter get this blasted eye sorted and then hopefully I will get a little bit of my competitive spirit back again. . You are only young by comparrison and will do well because you already love the sport.Keep it up girl and I'm sure you will start to get on the teams. from Auntie.

Best of luck Auntie with the operation and recovery. I am lucky as I am able to watch many good shots at the shoots I go to and the old man is pretty damn good at teaching me once I learned to listen to him! About the same age then taking up the sport - there is hope yet for me.

It is so nice to see a couple that work together and can enjoy something together. Jeez that is an awful big amount of lead to be sprayed downrange. I haven't shot that amount in a lifetime of general game shooting. I think that I would suffer from recoil itus if I shot that amount of lead. It sounds like good fun for you.

im not allowed out to play :/:/

Mostly but We are giving all of the son in laws a round of clays as a chrimbo pressy that we can find a day when it gets warmer weather in the spring or later when we can all get together and shoot. When we have done it can be made into a family get together and a BBQ or similar. One or two of us might be able to have a walk round over the holiday period but we haven't arranged anything. It all depends on the weather and what people are doing.

I started a year ago and wish I had started when I was younger love the sport. All the best good luck with it. I would go every day if I could.

Im 69 in January and only started clay shooting about 10 years ago.

Me and my shooting mate scaffy went one day for something to do when we could not find any pigeons to shoot

being hooked ever since...

so will be going to Oak Lodge over the hols everything permitted.. :good::good: