Berreta 391 Urika

dodeer

I am thinking of getting a berreta 391 urika field model for clays, pigeon and geese bashing. Does anyone else have one, what carts do you shoot through yours?

Can you reccomend a "brightly" coloured cartridge suitable for rough shooting say, 32gram fibre wad loads so i can easily see them after they have ejected or my boss will go mad if he see's them!

Thanks.

For rough shooting I belive a S/S or O/U is much better.

a) ramblers, you can break the gun and show it is safe

b ) Climbing over stuff, you can never be too safe

c) It sounds unlikely but, you could trip and shoot yourself

d) People feal unsafe with semi autos at clay shoots, they cant tell if it is empty

and lastly e) they do spew emptys all over the place

Use it in the hide. <_<

Sam if you want a semi-auto then i don't think you will do better than a Beretta 391.

I have owned one for 4 years and can't fault it for allround use.

On the rare trips i make to a clay shoot i find that other shooters are keen to look at it (it is the camo version) rather than shy away from it because they think it might be loaded. The bolt is always open when not shooting showing an empty chamber, unlike the S/S and O/U guns resting in the racks in a closed position.

The empty cases are not thrown out any farther than the ones from my O/U.

It will take the heaviest loads for your goose shooting and the lightest for your clays with a full selection of chokes.

As for coloured cartridges there are a multitude of colours on the market to choose from, the ones i use are green but there are plenty of red cased ones about.

And as for shooting yourself, well if you do fall and the barrel ends up pointing at yourself as you accidently knock the safety catch off and pull the trigger at the same time then i think your number was up on that day anyway mate. <_<

<_<

I have had my 391 synthetic for 2 years now and I am more than happy with it. It cycles all loads with no probs. I have used it for all kinds of shooting and cant fault it. RC 32, 6's fibire cartrages go very well and are bright red so you can easly find them not that they go that far. I would'nt change my 391 for any other gun on the market.Semi's are no more dangerous than any other gun or tool, It's the user that saftey should be judged on not the type of gun. Buy one today, keep it forever! <_<

ive got the 391 the only trouble i have had is when i first got it the cartridges where jamming in the breach on my next visit to the gun shop where i bought the gun from i told him what was happening and he explained that a lot of semis dont like 65mm shells so now i use 70mm shells and have had no problem other than that best gun ive had <_<