Rough shooting 15.12.15

ollie

Here is a video of some rough shooting for woodcock from Ireland on the 15th December. Was a very dull & dark day so the footage isn't the best, but I had a good day none the less. Ended up with a bag of 3 woodcock & 2 pigeons. Hope you enjoy.

Spot on Ollie you're a good shot and great at making these vids that I'm more than very happy to view, I wish I new how all this technology worked I might have given it a go, the gran kid tell me not to bother that I'm to old, so I'm happy for you Ollie to entertain me with your vids, best of luck and thank you for posting.

Another good video, those wood cock are hard top spot, the slo mo is a good idea.

Even your springer didn't think you could hit a pigeon at that range, she was reluctant to go beyond 30 yards. :)

Yeah they are really hard to spot. I had thought about doing a still & pointing an arrow to where they flush, but the stills are too blurry.

That pigeon was a good 40-50 yards away & if you watch the video again it almosts goes down as an after-thought, it flies on a bit after the 2nd shot & then collapses. After that she probably couldn't believe I missed that next woodcock, it was really easy & then it turned on a six-pence!!!

Spot on Ollie you're a good shot and great at making these vids that I'm more than very happy to view, I wish I new how all this technology worked I might have given it a go, the gran kid tell me not to bother that I'm to old, so I'm happy for you Ollie to entertain me with your vids, best of luck and thank you for posting.

My shooting comes & goes, but thankfully I've had more good days than bad recently. At the start of the summer I was shooting great at pigeons & crows, then I went a couple of weeks where I couldn't hit a thing. I like woodcock because you have little time to think, its instinctive, I seem to miss if I have too much time.

The editing can be a bit of a pain from time to time, but I like looking back on my old videos and it will be nice to show my baby boy when he grows up. I do the editing while the soaps or x factor is on, so means I don't have to watch that carp!!! :rolleyes:

Nice shooting again Ollie. Keep em coming!

Thanks Al, I'll check out your latest video later. How are you getting on at the Pheasants?

The pheasants have been going well but I've been having a run of bad luck with the draws. I usually get a couple but haven't taken the camera out in the rain we've been having.

I'm out on Saturday again - we'll see how it goes. I love the banter on pheasant days. It keeps me (half) sane!!

The pheasants have been going well but I've been having a run of bad luck with the draws. I usually get a couple but haven't taken the camera out in the rain we've been having.

I'm out on Saturday again - we'll see how it goes. I love the banter on pheasant days. It keeps me (half) sane!!

It was brave & dry with us yesterday so I hopefully got some decent footage.

We noticed recently that the birds are starting to return to the feeders, although the weather is still mild, the natural food sources must be going scarace.

Nice wee clip Ollie.

Asked on my thread but will do here too.

Hows the woodcock numbers with you?Seem to be decent here although still very mild.

There is a lota boys on Facebook in Northern Ireland getting good numbers. I've had 2 outings with 3 birds & other outings couple of birds. The weather isn't tight enough to push them into lower ground yet, so I think a lot of them are in the forestries & mountains.