What are you doing Boxing Day ?

marsh man

To me , the shooting day I look forward to the most is Boxing Day , always have been and always will be , as far back as I can remember I have only missed one and that was over 25yrs ago when I was in my low 40s and even then if I could have got out of bed I would have gone somewhere but sadly my ole back gave up on me and apart from me still breathing I was laid out like a dead corpse for several days and with not a chance in hell being able to put my wellies on let alone trudge across some muddy marshes.

We cant shoot wildfowl here on a Sunday so if it fell on that day then I would be Pigeon shooting either in my wood where I go if the weather is bad or on the Rape fields ,

My intensions this year and with the weather looking more and more likely to be mild I am going to have a walk round some marshes I go on that are close to some industrial units that hold a few Pheasants and with it being a bank holiday there is no work going on so I don't have the worry of people watching when and if I have a shot or two.

Then a break for dinner before I head to the wood for a afternoons roost shooting , there have been a lot of Pigeons going in all through the Autumn but with the amount of leaves still on the trees up unto a couple weeks ago I decided to leave it alone till I go on Boxing day .

And then to finish the day off I will leave the wood before it get to dark and head off to one of the marshes that have got some splashes on them and see if I can put a duck in the bag before I head off home and have my dinner at a time I am more used to, rather than the time we have it on Christmas Day.

So that is my day sorted and I realise that a lot of you chaps might have a family get together , work or other commitments to contend with and shooting all day is out of the question but there will be some of you who will be taking your gun out , so come on tell us what you will be doing even if it not shooting. Apart from that I would like to wish you all.

yay.gif.pagespeed.ce.bZLxic3gPj.gif A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR xsanta.gif.pagespeed.ic.lXhJ-_aCoA.png

Sounds like a good day to me, I am planning morning flight on the estuary followed by a leisurely breakfast before I play in a 2nds vs 1sts rugby match. I retired from rugby 6 years ago but have made a return this season, only 2nds and for a team that are 7 leagues below where I retired but absolutely loving it.

No doubt a beer or two after surrounded by friends and family.

Merry Christmas to all PW wildfowlers.

A ain't had a drink since last Xmas day coz I don't drink unless it's a christening wedding or funeral and 1st mentioned, so al be done in after 2or3 am 15stone but I can't handle it,funny that coz I used to be heavy drinker and quit four years ago so someone must be helping me along coz I despise the stuff now....ha-ha,but if me heed ain't banging 4am boxing day al be up island or down farm fingers crossed eh!! Atb for Xmas and new year u fowling fellas!!