n ireland gunshops

08shooter

any of you ulster boys reccomend rfds over here,i think the shop i normally use is getting reliant on my trade and starting to stick his arm in.what price are you guys paying for shells at the minute.im looking for a cheap auto at the moment and when i went to my usual dealer to see the guns were nt cheap and they were shot done.as i say he thinks i will buy a gun if he tells me its a good one.any off the main road little dealers out there who would nt skin you alive out there.thanks guys

I recently dealt with steven mc kerr in lurgan he was good to deal with,as for shells i just buy the odd box nowt much,i think for carts they are around 30 quid depends on size,

burkes in coleraine are ok theres another man near me whos just started up hes dead on to deal with but works part time as hes a vet so its best to ring him before you go to him to arrange a time with him, i can get cart. 7and a halfs 28gms at £2.50 a box think the eley hb pigeon 6 and a halfs 32gms are about £30 for 250 carts. the gun shop in portglone seems ok but a few lads says hes a bit dear with his guns

Apparently there is a new gun shop open in Lurgan near centrepoint - no ideas what they are like, i've not been yet.

Tannyoky sure is expensive.. Stephen in McKerr's is a decent sort of lad and struck me as being extremely

knowledgeable (In air rifles anyhow)

I have also been recommended to try McCloy's in Toome but again, haven't gotten there yet.

i would buy from mc kerrs lurgan or coburns in banbridge, rarely go to tanny (mc clures) find his guns to be really expensive compared to mc kerrs or coburns. Ammo would usually cost 2.50 to 4 pound dependin but i would usually buy a crate of shells for about 25 pounds :lol:

Must check out the gun shop at centre point!! :angry:

I nearly always use Mckerrs, steven is a really decent lad and hes knows his stuff! For the gun buying side of things he'll keep you rite. Coburns in banbridge is probably the cheapest for ammo though. Ive heard Hollowfarm is in a league of its own when its comes to customer service and they wont sell you a shottie unless it fits you! im not sure about the ammo prices though but i know there are decent when its comes to guns! And as most people have said i find tannaoky way over priced for guns the ammo is about average and you'll probably have to wait about an hour to get served cause the guys would rather stand and chat with their mates :lol:

EDIT: coburns usually have a few guns in, they're always far cheaper than they should be, i got a mint brno .22lr and a niko stirling 4x40 and a spare mag for 200 quid! plus he threw in 100 rounds of cci stingers.

I was at tannaoky during the week and saw a rifle the same as mine in really shoddy condition with no scope for £285 :angry:

thanks i would agree that tannyoky is madly over priced. mccloys in toome are much the same i have bought a couple of guns there but you never leave feeling you have got a good deal.i used to deal with the gunshop portglenone but i feel its getting a bit out of hand pricewise too.i now always deal with country sports and tackle in antrim, von harkness is a true gent and has always bent over backwards for me,however he does nt have any autos at the minute i think i ll wait a little longer to see if he comes up with anything.he s not the cheapest with shells but i suppose he needs a mark up too.

"Jimjim Posted Apr 24 2007, 11:08 AM

I beleive theres a gun shop in Maghaberry?? spelling

"

Yeah, I spotted them in the yellow pages,

The Belfast Arms Co.Ltd

2b, Old Rd, Ballinderry Upper, Lisburn, County Antrim BT28 2NJ

Tel: 028 9265 2800

Never been there, no idea what they're like.

Pete

mine's been away from 22dec 2006,guess how p****d of i am B)

mayabe you should ring firearms HQ was talking to a mate who has a mate that apllied for his FAC the FEO came out checked his gun cabinet etc etc, after 7 weeks still no FAC so he rang the firearms HQ only to be told it was posted out weeks ago he said he deff. never got it so they said it must of been lost in the post 2 days later the local police called and hand delivered a new FAC to him so you should check to see if yours hasent been lost in the post

ps i applied for my FAC around the same date as you and got mine over a month ago

all joking aside guys it does seem a long time to have to wait,yet again i think the wait is to try and put people off shooting,too much red tape and form filling.they are supposed to have the backlog cleared and operating inside 7 -8 weeks .im waiting around 9 weeks now and still not a word.****** me off as i have my air rifle paid for and cash waiting for my rimmy.i want my new toys. B)

have phoned local they said everything was emailed off weeks ago,ive phoned HQ twice since they say they have just received it from local and will be another 2 weeks,guy in a gun shop told me there is only 2 people working on rifles in HQ we just have too wait,personally i think it is deliberate they cant be seen to be given out guns willy nilly.

I got BASC to contact them and ask what's going on as I've been waiting fifteen weeks. Apparently first time grants and re grants are taking priority. Variations are being worked on one day per week usually a Saturday if they are working overtime. Applications for bullet firing weapons are taking eighteen weeks and over. HQ received all my paperwork back from the FEO over five weeks ago.