7 shots - 25 birds on the rack...(?)

chipper

I too agree with Jdog. From the description the guns were aware after the first drive that there was a scam taking place, why continue shooting and try to justify paying half the agreeeded amount at the end of the day? The guns should have told the game cart driver to not move and then called over keeper to discuss the situation. If the keeper or this friends had started to become aggressive the police should of been called.

Shooting the day and then paying half the amount is similar to eating a meal in a restaurant and then complaining it wasn't nice when you had finished it!

Thats a good point, :good:

I would have refused to pay a penny, and I would have named the shoot! In not doing so, others will be duped by these cheats.

Why does every post of this type never name the culprits, drives me friggin mad!!!

If you're thinking about booking yourself into a shoot over this way, send me a PM of the shoot you're attending, and i'll give a simple - 'Yay' or 'Nay'.

On these days do you pay for the day and ever bird shot as well

Not entirely sure wot ur asking

But generally u pay for a 100/200/300 bird day, or wotever u want/can afford, and would would expect to shoot somewhere around that number +/-10% or by shots fired, (expected bagX 3,4 or 5? so assuming a kill ratio of 3/4/5 to 1) or so (not always possibly due to weather or poor shooting etc), Depending on the shoot agreement u might pay 'overages' if u go over the bag, some don't.

Usually on a decent estate the keepers are pretty good and suiting the drives to the bag but if u had shot better than expected he might come up say thats u at/near ur bag do u want to shoot some extra and pay a little bit more.

So for a 100 bird day at 30quid a bird would cost £3000 between all the guns (if 10 guns 300 a gun) to shoot around 100 birds or 300-500 shots + a tip for keeper.

Also remeber a 100 bird day sounds a lot but in theory if 10 guns shooting 5 drives only 2 birds per drive each if everyone shoot evenly throu the day

Hope that makes sense ansd is wot u were asking

I would have put my gun in its sleave and bid the keeper and shoot captain 'good day'.

Plus u have already booked a day of work, possibly had a night away in a hotel/digs.

But the biggest thing would be u'd be really loooking forward to it.

Be hard to just walk away after 30mins, but it would of been the ideal chance to confront the keeper/shoot captain/agent when u have fired so few shells really in no room for excuses

I would have refused to pay a penny, and I would have named the shoot! In not doing so, others will be duped by these cheats.

Why does every post of this type never name the culprits, drives me friggin mad!!!

Totally agree. Name them.

I had a very disappointing day at Clovelly not long ago but that's a story for another day

I would have put my gun in its sleave and bid the keeper and shoot captain 'good day'.

several years ago this happened to my little team of reprobates.........there were 3 of us that used to tour e-anglia at a moments notice and pick up "short" lines (guns)...we were well known and were nicknamed the bag fillers !! when we wernt on the game days we shot at various trials....anyway we were asked if we could fill a line on a place on the suffolk norfolk border somewhere we didnt know.....they had a short team of guns from the city boys who referred to catridges as "bullets"....you get the idea.............at the end of the 2nd drive the keeper asked all the team to ease up as we would fill the bag and he would have to pull a drive...........we found this amazing as we all knew how many we had shot and a good idea of how many the other boys had shot.....we then went thro the game cart and half the birds were rotton stone cold road kill..............everybody looked at the "keepers" and not a single word was said..........got the tractor driver to drive back to the yard and we all left ...leaving all the beaters and pickers standing there.........................i hope they got paid...we certainly didnt cough up............

several years ago this happened to my little team of reprobates.........there were 3 of us that used to tour e-anglia at a moments notice and pick up "short" lines (guns)...we were well known and were nicknamed the bag fillers !! when we wernt on the game days we shot at various trials....anyway we were asked if we could fill a line on a place on the suffolk norfolk border somewhere we didnt know.....they had a short team of guns from the city boys who referred to catridges as "bullets"....you get the idea.............at the end of the 2nd drive the keeper asked all the team to ease up as we would fill the bag and he would have to pull a drive...........we found this amazing as we all knew how many we had shot and a good idea of how many the other boys had shot.....we then went thro the game cart and half the birds were rotton stone cold road kill..............everybody looked at the "keepers" and not a single word was said..........got the tractor driver to drive back to the yard and we all left ...leaving all the beaters and pickers standing there.........................i hope they got paid...we certainly didnt cough up............

That's the way to do it!