WHERE ARE ALL THE PIGEONS

mikee

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milo, on 01 Jan 2016 - 6:56 PM, said:

Anyone else notice crops full of holly berries?

only shot a few birds in recent weeks roost shooting and they mainly had ivy berries in them, some holly berries, some acorns and very little rape so no surprise why we are not shooting them on the rape around here at the moment they are feeding on anything and everything

Been visiting the same field for last 2 weeks. On first visit I lifted about 2/300 and after setting up and waiting for a return, nothing came back. Every 3 or 4 days I do the same thing but I still have had no luck.

I think there may a lot of Rape in this area of South Beds which offer lots of feeding so I will keep trying.

I would like the opportunity to maybe visit some new area in Cambridge where I hear the birds are on the brussels. Does anyone one know If there are any opportunities to buy odd days of shooting in the area.

Hillside 1945

I had a drive around my pigeon shooting areas in Norfolk today to see whats about. As I expected very little on the estate and a second farm, well just 2 pigeons seen in 2 hours. Headed up to a farm I can shoot after the end of the game season close to the coast and at last pigeons. Good numbers hammering the rape on one field and a lot in one of the woods. Though the other dozen rape fields on the farm were empty of birds. This is the first time I have seen more than a handful of birds on the rape for 3 years so roll on February and with luck I might get a few pigeons this winter.

Just seen 40 over my house again the most wood pigeons over the house for several years. Are we getting some migrants moving in ?

Edited by anser2

That is simply not true. There is sport to be had.

You need some cold and snow up Scotland and the north of England then you might see some big numbers moving further south,

until you do I would not bother looking for them, one bang and they are gone to the field a couple of miles away.

shotgun eddy, on 11 Jan 2016 - 2:39 PM, said:shotgun eddy, on 11 Jan 2016 - 2:39 PM, said:shotgun eddy, on 11 Jan 2016 - 2:39 PM, said:

If u don't look you don't see birds. 90per cent of my pigeon shooting is sitting watching flightlines seeing if they return, and how many do return. Sports there all year round

i sit and watch flightlines when i see them and work out the best plan of attack but if there are no flightlines or birds for that matter theres nothing to watch

Edited by yickdaz