Sourcing replacement screws for a Spanish SxS

Wingman

Hi all

I am quite attached to my old spanish boxlock overall it's in great condition apart from a couple of the action screws which look like someone has had a "go" at over its 45 years of life. I would like to replace them or recondition them and wondered if anyone knew of a source of spares for these common guns or can advise on a way to recondition them?

I did think about dressing then down with a fine file and then polishing with autosol but not sure if this the right approach, any ideas?

Cheers all and happy Christmas!

As all makers probably used different sizes your chances of finding direct replacements are scarce . You also have to get the slots to line up , this is archived by either having cutters to deepen the recesses or to take metal from under the head or having a screw with an over sized head with a slave slot that can be fitted the correct slot position marked and cut prior to filing the head down to a flush fit .Some screws will or should be hardened .