Trial by media

Scully

A couple of years ago a local 'Huntwatch' complained through the pages of our local newspaper that none of the incidents of alleged illegal hunting by Cumbrian Fellpacks they reported to Police were acted on, and Police responded by saying that for them to act they would need to be provided with evidence and not just allegations, and this weekend, Huntwatch have informed the general public, again through the same newspaper, that: 'Cumbria Huntwatch says it will no longer contact police over alleged illegal hunting incidents as it claims reports are not given a fair investigation. Instead, any alleged transgressions will be reported on social media, which, the group says, will allow the public to decide whether illegal hunting is taking place.'

No doubt the general public will be reliably informed with a totally unbiased and truthful account of alleged incidents. :lol:

What could possibly go wrong....?

Unfortunately this does seem the way people get their 'news' now, ie, small snippets of one sided half-truths presented in a way that allows a quick 'like' from readers. Perhaps if they get 1000 likes the cps will issue a fine, 10,000 likes and you get suspended sentence, 100,0000 and few years of having your back scrubbed by angry Dave in E wing.

Trial by media - could be worse - it could be trial by Pigeonwatch. :innocent:

very well said Gordon,,, by the way ,,, all the best to you and yours sir,,

on the topic,

it seems to me that anything to do with guns and hunting is always blown out of proportion no matter what media for,,,,do I care,, well not really as you cant believe anything in any media these days,,, just ask saddam husain

The trouble is people do believe it!

here we have a photo of the sabs at the boxing day meet in Lewes ( well out side the police station probably waiting for their mate to be released ) A quote from their wright up

"Proud to have stood amongst animal protectors and protested so loudly against the awful fox hunters. We had presence."

sabs_zps2xsyolpd.jpg

Here is a pic of the some supporters in the high street

supporters_zpsw7jmbjdb.jpg

it does amaze me scully , how people whom think they are doing a genuine legal activity ( as they call it ) feel the need to hide their faces ???

if everything that they do is above board then why cover their faces,,,,

they are basically bored people with nothing better to do in their lives,,, very sad little individuals in my eyes

I was in Lewes today too (I've just noticed I'm in the second pic) and those handful are very much rent-a-mob and seen at EVERY demo in the area, particularly the woman in the middle who is one-time county council leader, white witch and ex-page three model Marina Pepper.

There was something pushing, shoving , name calling and pointless fuss on both sides.

Edited by FalconFN

Googled Marina Pepper (or Baker) after reading FFNs post. It would seem she is anti establishment, which is fair enough, some people are, and fights against Fracking, Climate Change and obviously fox hunting. Each to their own.

It has to be said, she was a real looker in her prime.

Edited by Scully