DIY sydicate farm shoot

OJW

Some good friends of mine have a small farm shoot and I was lucky enough to be invited on two days there, the first of which is below.

The syndicate is made up of a great bunch of local guys, many of whom are between 20-30 years old, who all give up their time to check the pens, feed the birds and cultivate the shoot throughout the year. I've been fortunate enough to go on a few trips myself to help check the pens and feed outside the season and learnt a great deal.

I admire the hard work that like-minded countrymen will put in to achieve 10 or so days outside with their mates. They aren't after big bags or birds in oxygen masks, rather they take pride in the fact they have built up a great little shoot that holds birds well and produces good sport.

My bird of the day was the first bird I shot on the Duck Drive as it was my first ever Wigeon! Very tasty.

Edited by OJW

Haha well to be honest I was reliably informed it would be, but ended up giving it to a friend to cook. I haven't heard back from him so perhaps your right Richie10.

I went back for my second day, I only had bird over me on two drives so the video is short, however if interested, I posted it in this section earlier today. Thanks again for the kind words.