Looking for a mincer....advice

novice cushie shooter

Am always aware of buying cheap buying twice but am looking at a budget of £100 preferable to make sausages too. Any recomendations. Its mainly to be used for pheasant breasts and venison eventually.edit the mrs has a keenwood kmix and have seen the attachments to mince. Are they any good??

Edited by novice cushie shooter

I am just after assembling The Vonshef one I received as a Gift. It seems pretty handy and it will do all i need it it for..Bird breasts mostly Ducks and Geese.

It is a pretty basic Model and i think was around £40 and there are some mixed reviews on it. The heavy duty model is on Amazon for half price at the moment,Down from £100 to £50.

I've got a Vonshef one and it does the job. Most of these probably come from the same factory in China, the mincer parts all seem to be the same. It will be interesting to see how it lasts since I usually go upmarket, being a big believer in the buy cheap buy twice/pay once for quality brigade.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buffalo-Grinder-410X517X328mm-Kitchen-Stainless/dp/B007TKHBQ0/ref=pd_sim_sbs_79_7?ie=UTF8&dpID=41SqmivElpL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0HXV2BACVCE4KJZZTGT6

I have one of these and it's been absolutely brilliant.

I know its over budget but maybe if you see one 2nd hand in can recommend it.

Edited by Dougy

• 3 weeks later...

Also try Shpock! I landed a Tre-Spade 9V delux sausage stuffer off that site, paid £40 for it. Worth well over £400. Top notch Italian built thing. Does 22lb of sausages in one go. Granted I spent another £40 servicing it, but now it will last me a lifetime. All steel gears, shafts etc. No plastic parts other than the piston head! Chuffed to bits with it.

Mincers can be dangerous. A lad had a serious injury from a mincer in brighton.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/press/2011/coi-se-1702.htm

They are designed to mince meat, you get your fingers anywhere near the worm and it WILL mince up your fingers. And it will rip out the tendons to the point they snap. The clues in the title, I've used minders, bowl choppers, sausage stuffers and whatever else you'd find in a butcher's from the age of 10 and a bit. Can't believe idiot's put there fingers in the hole to the point they can reach the worm.

H&S nowadays have more or less put in place guards and fences around these types of machines to the point that infants could use them without them being hurt. So the numpty must have bypassed the guard.

Tuff,,

I've seen knifes get mangled up because an idiot thought it would be suitable to push meat down the shoot with it, also steels, and cloths. (Cloths are the only things I've known to actually stop one)

Edited by Dougy

I've had one of those for three years, it's used perhaps 4 times a year making game burgers and so far no problems. Pigeon breasts,fillets from pheasants legs and a bit of pork belly go through best well chilled or semi frozen.

Blackpowder