More 410'ing

sterling

Just looking at Underdog's great photos of his .410 exploits reminded me of the first shots I took with my new .410 earlier this year. A lovely spring stroll resulted in three rabbits for just two shots of the little shotgun! Okay, the third rabbit was taken with the .22LR barrel. There's only one gun I find more fun than a .410 and that's one with a rimfire attached to it... :)

P1030536_Copy.jpg

P1030543.jpg

Oh I want one.... What makes is it and where did you get it from....?

Great shooting as well...

Tedly

Thanks Tedly. It's a Chiappa double-badger and whilst they're a bit rare over here right now, Edgar Bro's will import them from Italy and have them proofed.

Is that a MagTech home load I spy in the first photo?

Ha, well spotted Dasher. I got bored of paying through the nose for factory shells and couldn't track down any magtech at the time, so it's actually modified .444 Marlin brass with a 1/2oz load of #7 shot. Patterns lovely and works a treat at sensible ranges.

Very nice.............

i wish i wish i wish...10 years ago i had bought a combo at Richardsons....it was in superb condition 410 side by side hammer with 22lr slung underneath...loverly woodwork...

about £200 quid if i remember................aahhhh....wasted oppotunity...

How cool is that!!

What powder are you using and how long are those barrels?

So jealous

I used Alliant 2400 powder because I already had it knocking around for reduced cast .243 loads. Without looking in my little black book, I'd say it's 13grains 2400 behind a lubed .430" overpowder wad, 1/2oz shot and a .450" overshot card glued in place with clear nail varnish. The .444 brass you should recognise though, as it's yours. :)

The barrels are 19" and the gun folds completely in half, so it fits in a backpack for those long hikes back to camp. Go on, you know you need one. ;)

I used Alliant 2400 powder because I already had it knocking around for reduced cast .243 loads. Without looking in my little black book, I'd say it's 13grains 2400 behind a lubed .430" overpowder wad, 1/2oz shot and a .450" overshot card glued in place with clear nail varnish. The .444 brass you should recognise though, as it's yours. :)

The barrels are 19" and the gun folds completely in half, so it fits in a backpack for those long hikes back to camp. Go on, you know you need one. ;)

Very tempting and well done on the brass load indeed.

A2400 is a good powder, tends to leave bits though but it don't matter.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, Rimfireboy said:

That’s a handy tool Sterling. I could find use for one myself.

1 hour ago, motty said:

You are the master thread reviver!

He's been doing quite a bit of it lately, not sure what his agenda is though!

How long till he resurrects a thread from 2007?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE