How to start stalking?

brindle92

Evening all was wondering if people could give advice on how to start stalking? I used too have a .243 for stalking but no longer because of commitments at the time, now I want too re start it seems extremely difficult. From what I can see I have to book a few paid stalks? Join a club for "reason" to posses a fac and hopefully within time find land too which permission will be granted? Can others comment and provide advice?

I don't mind paying for regular stalks too gain experience but would this been seen. As "good reason to posses?

Most defiantly mate, get a receipt for your paid stalks and away you go, you proberbly won't get an open ticket but paid stalks are a good reason to possess,

Get a few paid stalks under your belt and then do your dsc1,

Enjoy the journey,

Visit " the stalking directory" forum and ask loads of questions most blokes are on there and PW,

Both are cracking forums with a good set of blokes

Tab

Flynny

I would personally be looking to obtain my DSC Level 1 and then progress to level 2 when you have enough experience. The Stalking Directory is a good start for you it has some good opportunities on there and you can learn a lot just by reading and contributing to the threads. If your prepared to travel there is some very good value pay days to be had in Scotland and some fine stalking too.

DS

Evening all was wondering if people could give advice on how to start stalking? I used too have a .243 for stalking but no longer because of commitments at the time, now I want too re start it seems extremely difficult. From what I can see I have to book a few paid stalks? Join a club for "reason" to posses a fac and hopefully within time find land too which permission will be granted? Can others comment and provide advice?

I don't mind paying for regular stalks too gain experience but would this been seen. As "good reason to posses?

If you have had a 243 for stalking you have been through this all before surely and know the answers nothing legal of note has changed in many many years

The only thing I can say is stalking has changed a lot from when I started. Stalking rights are a big cash cow now and it attracts a lot more people who are mainly interested in the financial aspects over and above the deer and thier proper welfare and management

The only thing I can say is stalking has changed a lot from when I started. Stalking rights are a big cash cow now and it attracts a lot more people who are mainly interested in the financial aspects over and above the deer and thier proper welfare and management

+1. If you want to get some stalking, and keep it, find a large area of woodland and buy it.

As said book and go on some paid stalks, plenty of people on SD offer them, get receipts as proof, as for dsc1 ,2 etc don't bother unless you get stalking on land where the owner asks for it, it is not a requirement and the more it is regarded as a necessity the sooner it will be imposed as a restriction on people wanting to stalk. Just get out and enjoy yourself safely.

S

• 2 weeks later...