Mold on gun

Fredwalton

One of those heating bars in the room,cupboard will help. Wipe over all metal parts with an oily wrag and spray inside the barrels with VP90. Silica gell will remove moisture too but I don't think it would be a long term fix. If it's not sorted you will soon end up with a rust problem.

I had a similar problem last year, I used one of those vp90 sachets and wiped the gun stocks down with tea tree oil, it's a natural anti fungal and smells nice too, also left a rag soaked with the stuff in the bottom of the cab. then moved the cabinet to an internal wall. you might want to try a gun sock or something similar if you can't keep your cabinet dry.

as Dougy has suggested if your cabinet is in a smallish cupboard then a little tube heater on all the time will cure ya prob .

had same prob with small cupboard housing cabinet with 2 external walls so have a 40w tube heater in mine .

£13 off E- Bay, cheap fix if you have no other location for your cabinet.

Edited by Remimax

Try the cheapest option and get some of the silicon sock things. I recently bought 2 off the bay for under £10 posted. Even if they do not control the moisture they will prevent all the accidental knocks that your cabinet can inflict, upon your guns. ,

the socks are great, got em on all me shotguns but not seen any for rifles.

Edited by Remimax

The mold will most likely be growing on the oil left on the stock from your skin, I had this problem so just gave the wood a little more attention when cleaning. I also have the heating on nice and warm in the room with my cabinets in, it's the warmest room in the house! We're shivering downstairs while the guns enjoy the warmth

Bet There Are Loads Of Guns Out There With a lot of Mould On..

After Some time like that in the Cupboard , You will find the wood Turns almost to Balsa Wood..

Had To try and Cut the Checkering on some of these guns, it just wants to Crumble to Dust..

if its that bad its gone beyond help, and would need new stock, if it was of any Value that is:::