house needs a plasterer!

Footu

Hi All,

I have decided to get my house re-rendered. Its an old welsh cottage in north wales so im looking for some quotes from anyone out there who knows their stuff. Im not sure if i can afford krend but i think i would prefer that, so need quotes for both that and traditional. All the old stuff is well blown and been patched, i would like that taken off without the use of jackhammers!

I need someone who can do the whole thing from scaffold to putting the gutters back up afterwards. one friend has told me that if using krend all the house will need to have wire mesh putting on for the render to grip to, another has said once the old stuff is off all stonework may need repointing with pva and mortar to seal. i dont know if either of those statements are true!

no urgency to it, but if i can get 3 quotes over jan the job can start as soon as weather allows.

please pm me if interested to arrange contact.

Many thanks, and happy new year to everyone.

No PVA,.................if stone lime plaster and paint with keim paint,,, walls need to breathe......if you seal stone walls the damp has to go somewhere......

Good advice but also a lot more to it.

Keim render products may be the best option option rather than lime render but there is a whole load of things to condider.

There was recent thread about some render that wasn't done properly and the trouble that resulted in.

Edd

No PVA,.................if stone lime plaster and paint with keim paint,,, walls need to breathe......if you seal stone walls the damp has to go somewhere......

^what he said.

older properties were designed to breathe. you seal them and you have no end of issues with damp/condensation.

Edited by Bry-M