steve_b_wales

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a bit of a 'dry spell' lately:

Spotted one, a second after he ID'd me and decided to bug out (~100m)

Spotted on bouncing through the maize, but missed (standing, no sticks, in a blustery breeze. (~80m)

Nice clear shot of one, but missed by a country mile (~170m)

(Clouted a gate post prior to shot)

Re-zero'd next morning and had a fair bit of dialling to bring it back in)

Spotted a small red calf in a field of cattle just as I pulled up, before realising all the ginger ones were in the next field and this lot are all black and white. Looked through the scope and it's party time... However: the cattle conspired to block the sunbathing fox from my view. By the time they'd moved off, the magpies had hacked foxy off enough , that he sloped off into a hedge before I could line him up.

So I walked the fields surrounding for an hour and a half, to no avail.

Went off to the other grass fields that have just been cut.

Stood looking for 10 not expecting much, then noted two shadows slinking along a hedge.

Party back on!

Very rapid single shot load and bolt in, sticks up, steady on the larger of the two fox. shout OI!. Bang!

Dry spell over.

Smaller fox did a single lap of the bigger one, then into the hedge.

Waited for 15 mins, but no show.

So I had a healthy (small) young vixen, only 2 teats being used.

I'll be be back tomorrow night with something for the cub.

Farmer's daughter had pulled up just as I took the shot. Her comment of "can you really see that far? (175m late twilight - no torch or NV)" and "You got one???, great, they've had about 20 chickens in the last couple of nights" and " DAD!!!! He got one!" just made it even better.

.22-250 - Prvi Partisan - 55g soft point - eviscerated.

So long story short: 261

Edited by Alpha Mule

Hiya guys you guys what are on 200 plus Charlie this year are they urban foxes? Or shot like me in country side no were near a city or urban area? Cheers..

The total you see at the bottom of everyone's posts is the total for all the members who are posting in this thread. Your 12 that you've shot this year should have been added to this total.

Andy